Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Secur3
Newcomer I

Passed the CCSP-My two cents

Hello. I just passed the CCSP exam and wanted to share my thoughts for those interested in pursuing it.

1-First started by watching the Cybrary CCSP course (Link)

2-Read the Sybex CCSP (ISC)2 Certified Cloud Security Professional Official Study Guide (Link)

3-Read the CSA Security Guidance Version 4 (Link)

4-Read about half of the Cloud Computing Risk Assessment by ENISA (Link)

5-Completed the approximately 1000 online questions provided by Sybex

Based on my experience, the exam IS DIFFICULT. Even though I have my CISSP and several other certifications and years of experience, the exam was very challenging. The time required for the exam is more than enough in my opinion and therefore spend some time on the questions (2 minutes or less is the time allowed per question).

Now that it's over, my recommendation would be to have a solid work experience in security and the cloud. Having the CISSP helped a lot so I recommend you complete the CISSP first.

I can not go into details about the exam, however, in terms of studying for it, I would say the Sybex CCSP (ISC)2 Certified Cloud Security Professional Official Study Guide is more than enough combined with experience and the CISSP. The Cybrary videos were very helpful but some of the topics don't align with the book and the material to study keeps growing and growing so I had to draw the line somewhere. The CSA document and the ENISA one were very boring and I did not see their reference to this high level, more management focused exam so I can not recommend them for the test but I can recommend them if your day-to-day work involves cloud risk management or even the implementation/management of cloud services at your workplace.

All in all, I spent the last 6 months studying whenever I could. The Sybex questions online were really helpful in going over the studied material. The passing score is 70% and you have 4 hours to complete the test.

If you want more information on the test, visit the ISC2 link by clicking here.

If anyone has any questions (anything except asking me the questions on the test), feel free to send me a message.

Good luck!

17 Replies
SteveLavoie
Newcomer III

Thanks you!

userblei
Newcomer II

Cogrants! 

Passed CCSP exam too, waiting for endorsement.

unisys14
Viewer II

Is there any CCSP PDF books available free in online of if you have please provide me.

Secur3
Newcomer I

I borrowed the book from the local library. Have a look as they have the eBook version that you can read online in most libraries.
Mathershapiroa
Newcomer I

This is great insight. I passed CISSP last week and will be moving to the CCSP in the new year
Samvirtual
Newcomer I

Thank you for the information! Useful
InfoSecWar
Viewer III

Having just passed the Security+ with nearly 100% correct answers on practice questions that failed to surface during the exam, can I ask how close you came between the use of Sybex practice questions online and the real deal? 

C2agency
Viewer II

Congratulations!

C2agency
Viewer II

To: UNISYS14

My best advise is to purchase a used book and follow instructions in Secur3's post on the subject.

1-First started by watching the Cybrary CCSP course (Link)

2-Read the Sybex CCSP (ISC)2 Certified Cloud Security Professional Official Study Guide (Link)

3-Read the CSA Security Guidance Version 4 (Link)

4-Read about half of the Cloud Computing Risk Assessment by ENISA (Link)

5-Completed the approximately 1000 online questions provided by Sybex

(By Secur3)