cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Viewer II

Re: Passed the CAP Exam This Morning: My Thoughts

Hi Steven,
It was very usefull your comments.
Im account manager, working with cybersecurity, im looking for improve my knoledge on having more relevant and deep conversation with my costumer. And if I became good on it I may considered to change my carreer.
I tought in CAP for my firt step. What do you think ? Is it a good Start ? How long you spend study before get this certification ?
Viewer II

Thank you for these insights.   I have several questions:

Where there any questions on DoD RMF?  Cybersecurity Framework?  FISMA? Past CAP Candidate Information Bulletin (CIB) OMB, CNSS and DHS References?  Or were the questions only related to the NIST Special Publication and FIPSs identified on the ISC2 site in September of 2018?

Where acronyms used or were all spelled out?

Where their any questions that used only the form of "SP800-37" and OMB M-02-01?

Thank you very much.  I look forward to your answers.  Jim

Viewer II

Needing to know if the CAP cert is covering the most recent 2018 NIST 800-37 rev2 that was released in Dec.

Viewer II

which revision of 800-37 1 or 2 (just released Dec 2018) has a lot of differences

Viewer II

Currently, people who have taken the test recently have only had Rev 1 questions.  It takes 6-8 months to validate new questions by a third party group before they count, so with Rev 2 having been released in Dec 2018, I would guess that any questions on Rev 2 will not count for the final score until July 2019.  

Viewer II

Steven,

Do you still have the flash cards you created to study for the CAP?

Newcomer I

Congratulations. Is the current CAP exam based on NIST 800-37 rev1 or NIST 800-37 rev 2.
Newcomer I

I was asking the same thing. I have a friend that called and was told to prepare with both materials. Well that is really confusing. The reason is that if the question is asking for a particular RMF step, these steps are totally different from both revisions. Categorization for example is Step 2 with rev 2 but Step 1 with rev 1. If you have a question that ask what step is Categorization for example and you have both Step 1 and Step 2 as options, how do you know what the correct answer is if you don’t know what version of RMF is being tested? Please is anyone has this information. Thanks.
Newcomer II

Hi Stevenj6052,

Thank you immensely for sharing your thoughts on the exams.

1.Can you please provide the complete list of the NIST 800 series docs needed for the exams? I took a brief look at some of the NIST 800 series you made mention of in your post and I found out that some of the publications are very dense. Should I read and know every bit of it?

2. I am planning on making flash cards, what should I pay particular attention to for the flash cards?

Thanks once again.

Kofi 

Newcomer II

Hi Pat,

what resources did you use besides the CBK book?

Thanks,

Kofi