cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rayz
Newcomer I

Passed my CCSP 2019

Passed my CCSP exam today and wanted to share some thoughts regarding the prep:
- To prepare, I have read the Official Study Guide(1st edition) twice, CCSP CBK(2nd edition) once and CSA Guidance v4 once
- Twice went through CCSP official questions 800+ questions
Started on October 25 2018 and passed the test on January 4th 2019 (minus the holidays and 2 weeks vacation)

I was surprised how relatively easy it was. When I took the CISSP I wasn’t sure about my progress (I think that CISSP was really tough!), but I knew that I am doing well during the CCSP and I knew that I would pass.
The questions are less tricky than CISSP and there are lot of simple questions similar (not Disclosing any actual questions here) to “what is the port for xxx”- so very well aligned to Wiley Testbank.
Four hours to answer 125 is also a lot, I could have finish it in less than two, but decided to take a break and then rechecked all the answers that resulted in approx 2h30min.
In the conclusion, I think this is a great cert that has more depth than CISSP, but lacks in breadth. Also, it is way less complex than CISSP, but I would not take this test before the CISSP, since the material definitely crosses over between the two.
28 Replies
JUDEX1981
Viewer

Congratulations Peter. Good job!
Ben_Malisow
Contributor II

HA! The important thing is that you know how to use "esoteric"!

Congrats, and welcome to the club.

nagarajan
Contributor I

Congratulations Peter.

Regards,
Nagarajan Viswanathan (Raj)
Symesgc
Newcomer I

Please confirm, are you able to go back and check the answers? The CISSP has stopped this now and you have to be sure as you don’t have the ability to go back? I took and passed the CISSP a few months ago.

petermac
Reader I

CISSP is adaptive and won't let you go back and check answers. CCSP isn't adaptive and lets you check answers before submitting.

nagarajan
Contributor I

Does that mean, ISC2 doesn't allow to have questions reviewed before submission in the CISSP exam?

I passed CISSP in 2014, then you could mark questions to review later and then submit, though I never revisited questions in the exam because reading each questions to understand it well and pick the right answer took a lot energy 🙂

Nagarajan

Regards,
Nagarajan Viswanathan (Raj)
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

The English version of the CISSP moved to Computerised Adaptive Testing (CAT) in April 2018:

https://www.isc2.org/certifications/CISSP/CISSP-CAT

On a CAT exam, once you submit an answer you can't go back and review it as it is scored immediately and has a bearing on future questions you will be asked. i.e. The test algorithm "adapts" the questions based on how well you're doing.

All other exams, including the CISSP in languages other than English, still use the "linear" methodology.

Symesgc
Newcomer I

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone
Symesgc
Newcomer I

Did the exam allow you to revisit the questions after you moved on? The new CISSP (I took 2 months ago) is adaptive and you can’t revisit after you select next question? Thanks for your update and info.