cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cybertron
Newcomer I

Passed CISSP Exam ( 19- Nov-2018 )

Hello Guys,

I have passed my CISSP certification on 19th November 2018. I had submitted my endorsement application on 5th December 2018. Almost 6 weeks already been over & I am not hearing back anything from ISC2. Is there anyway to check the latest updates on my endorsement status ? Will it takes the whole 8 weeks time ?

Regards,

MM

5 Replies
iluom
Contributor II

Hi,

Congrats!!

You can check the status in your profile (It will be changed to Active member from non-member) but now the trend seems to be 9 weeks for the endorsement process completion.

All the best!

Chandra Mouli, CISSP, CCSP, CSSLP
Cybertron
Newcomer I

Thanks for your reply.

I have checked the status & it is currently showing the ISC2 Associate certified status under My profile section. Do you think I need to wait some more time. Earlier I had a email communication with ISC2. Please have a look below summary.

On 07-Dec-2018, at 7:48 AM, General Inquires from membersupportapac@isc2.org <membersupportapac@isc2.org> wrote:

Hello Mittal, Mohit

Thank you for your inquiry.

You received the email notifying that you are Associate of (ISC)² probably because you have chosen to take the exam and become Associate of (ISC)² when you are registering for the exam.

Please do not worry.  Kindly be confirmed that your endorsement application to become certified CISSP is received on Dec 5 2018.  Currently your application is put under queue for review and further process.

Typically, the endorsement review process runs around 4-6 weeks; however, due to a high volume in application, it may take up to 8 weeks to complete the review of your application. This could be done sooner than the 8 weeks, we ask to allow the full time for review.

I hope the above information helps.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

By the way, would you allow us to opt-in all from contact preferences on your behalf, so that you can receive important updates from (ISC)²?

• (ISC)² News and Resources
  • Center for Cyber Safety
  • Certification Resources
  • Continuing Education
  • Member Offers

Thanks and regards,

Winnie

iluom
Contributor II

Hi Mohit,

Based on the email communication i can understand you have chosen to be an associate. 

If a candidate opts to be an associate the reason would be he is not having required 5 years of work experience which is mandatory and a pre-requisite to be a CISSP. Is it the case with you ?

9 weeks time i have mentioned is about the endorsement process if you submit the work experience .

Through the Associate of (ISC)² program, you can take any of ISC2 certification exams without the required work experience. When you pass, you become an Associate of (ISC)² as you work to gain the necessary experience to achieve full certification. 

So if you have submitted necessary experience documents along with ISC2 endorsement request, then you have to wait 9 weeks (my guess about the duration because for me it was 9 weeks), once your application through, you will become Member and CISSP will be awarded.

Cheers

Cybertron
Newcomer I

Hi Mouli,

I am having more than 10 years of experience in the relevant field. The endorsement has been submitted on 05th Dec 2018. Is there any way to track the endorsement status ?

Regards,

MM

iluom
Contributor II

Hi,

You can check .

Certifications --- Endorsement

or

From your profile page go to Endorsement page

my guess is your endorsement application will take 8 to 9 weeks time. So expect the approval by Feb first week

Cheers