Announcements
April is Volunteer Appreciation Month! We want to thank all of our
volunteers for all the hard work they do! Join us in celebrating!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Newcomer I

Passed CISSP Exam ( 19- Nov-2018 )

Hello Guys,

I have passed my CISSP certification on 19th November 2018. I had submitted my endorsement application on 5th December 2018. Almost 6 weeks already been over & I am not hearing back anything from ISC2. Is there anyway to check the latest updates on my endorsement status ? Will it takes the whole 8 weeks time ?

Regards,

MM

5 Replies
Contributor I

Re: Passed CISSP Exam ( 19- Nov-2018 )

Hi,

Congrats!!

You can check the status in your profile (It will be changed to Active member from non-member) but now the trend seems to be 9 weeks for the endorsement process completion.

All the best!

Mouli, CISSP
Newcomer I

Thanks for your reply.

I have checked the status & it is currently showing the ISC2 Associate certified status under My profile section. Do you think I need to wait some more time. Earlier I had a email communication with ISC2. Please have a look below summary.

On 07-Dec-2018, at 7:48 AM, General Inquires from membersupportapac@isc2.org <membersupportapac@isc2.org> wrote:

Hello Mittal, Mohit

Thank you for your inquiry.

You received the email notifying that you are Associate of (ISC)² probably because you have chosen to take the exam and become Associate of (ISC)² when you are registering for the exam.

Please do not worry.  Kindly be confirmed that your endorsement application to become certified CISSP is received on Dec 5 2018.  Currently your application is put under queue for review and further process.

Typically, the endorsement review process runs around 4-6 weeks; however, due to a high volume in application, it may take up to 8 weeks to complete the review of your application. This could be done sooner than the 8 weeks, we ask to allow the full time for review.

I hope the above information helps.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

By the way, would you allow us to opt-in all from contact preferences on your behalf, so that you can receive important updates from (ISC)²?

• (ISC)² News and Resources
  • Center for Cyber Safety
  • Certification Resources
  • Continuing Education
  • Member Offers

Thanks and regards,

Winnie

Contributor I

Hi Mohit,

Based on the email communication i can understand you have chosen to be an associate. 

If a candidate opts to be an associate the reason would be he is not having required 5 years of work experience which is mandatory and a pre-requisite to be a CISSP. Is it the case with you ?

9 weeks time i have mentioned is about the endorsement process if you submit the work experience .

Through the Associate of (ISC)² program, you can take any of ISC2 certification exams without the required work experience. When you pass, you become an Associate of (ISC)² as you work to gain the necessary experience to achieve full certification. 

So if you have submitted necessary experience documents along with ISC2 endorsement request, then you have to wait 9 weeks (my guess about the duration because for me it was 9 weeks), once your application through, you will become Member and CISSP will be awarded.

Cheers

Mouli, CISSP
Newcomer I

Hi Mouli,

I am having more than 10 years of experience in the relevant field. The endorsement has been submitted on 05th Dec 2018. Is there any way to track the endorsement status ?

Regards,

MM

Contributor I

Hi,

You can check .

Certifications --- Endorsement

or

From your profile page go to Endorsement page

my guess is your endorsement application will take 8 to 9 weeks time. So expect the approval by Feb first week

Cheers

Mouli, CISSP