Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DDMiller2009
Viewer III

Passed CISSP 4/9/2018

Took the full 150 questions. So happy to have this one done! Now I can relax for a few days. I was a little nervous passing the 100 question mark.. Was it not ending because I was doing bad?.. Or is it good that it's not ending because I was doing bad... Must be doing ok.. Stay focused and on task...

Someone suggested reading all the answers before the questions which I tried this time and I think it helped, sometimes you can see pattern in the answers before looking at the question.. which answer is different and why.. Read and re-read everything, take your time.  Anyway, happy to be here, glad to get it done before the 15th. Thanks!

16 Replies
amandavanceISC2

Congratulations!!!

StephanB
Newcomer II

Congratulations! Adaptive tests can be stressful for that very reason. You keep wondering how many more questions you'd have to take, and you start to doubt yourself. Good job.

CISSP_Hou
Newcomer I

Congratulations! I passed on the same day as you did. The walk from the seat to the report was one of the most nervous things I had!

My exam only took 100 questions, and I also asked myself when it ended if I did so bad it kicked me out. Luckily not!

Do relax and enjoy! You deserve that.

RdV_Frisian
Viewer III

Congratulations!

I have passed in januari for the Captive CISSP exam. It took me also the full 150 questions and after passing the 100 questions mark I became very nervous because the time seemed to be a problem (less then 45 minutes for the last 50 questions.  As a native Dutch reading the answers took me more time then i did expect.

The practices, i have used theOfficial (ISC)² CISSP Practice Tests and Shon Harris practice questions, have helped me very well but they didn't meat the level of the real exam. For passing the exam you need tot answer about 80% of the practice questions right..

So passing after 3 hours with 150 questions was a big relief for me.

The most important before the exam is to practice a lot of questions en try to use time limits, just as it is the real exam. And keep keep practicing questions from the domains that you have difficulty with!

Again congratulations for passing the exam!

canLG0501
Newcomer III

Congratulations and welcome!

mgroms
Newcomer I

@DDMiller2009 Can you pls share what are resources you used to pass the exam. (books & testing materials). I really appreciate your feedback.

DDMiller2009
Viewer III

Hi, yes I attended a Training camp CISSP boot camp, I also used the ISC2 CISSP Official study guide, and the ISC2 official practice tests which gives you 1300 practice questions, when you register the book online you can use the online test and customize the questions by domain. I also used Quizlet.com (free, but try to get the official cards) to help cement the terminology. I also used CCCure for exam questions (I really like them, I used them for CCSP too). I watched the free Cybrary.it CISSP training by Kelly Handrahan (just as good as paid training!) and I download the MP3s and listened to them anytime I was driving. I always like to do as many practice exam questions as possible. You have to know the ISC2 code of ethics which is highly testable. I found myself guessing more than I would have liked to, but I would just eliminate the answers that I knew weren't right and then try to choose the "best" of what remained. I know I ran all of the practice questions 4 or 5 times, and when I got them wrong I really tried to figure out why and study the area where I was missing. Hope this helps and good luck! 

mgroms
Newcomer I

Thanks for your reply.  I really appreciate it. I also wanted to confirm if you used this practice exam book - CISSP Official (ISC)2 Practice Tests - by Mike Chapple  (Author), David Seidl

Pls let me know.

Suraya
Newcomer II

congratulation