Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JonP
Newcomer III

Passed CISSP 14th November 2019. Still waiting for processing to start more than 6 weeks later.

I passed my CISSP exam on 14th November. I completed the endorsement application shortly after. 

It still says "Your application has been received but processing by (ISC)² has not yet started." on 30th December.

Seriously, If I'd known it was going to take this long, I would have gone for an ISACA certification instead (I still might) value is not added to certifications by unnecessary delays, I know two full-time security professionals who have already abandoned  (ISC)² and stated they couldn't endorse me because they allowed their membership to lapse. Not good  (ISC)², not good.

I'm unemployed, I can't get a job that requires certification without a certification, and I cannot put the green CISSP logo on my jon applications because I'm not certified. So I'm stuck claiming dole money until (ISC)² endorse me.

Please help. All I want to do is get a job. My CASP+ is not worth anything over here.

Jon Pertwee CISSP, CRISC, CIPP/E, PMP MSc. IT Security Management.
3 Replies
Cyberconstlearn
Newcomer III

You can still put something to the effect of "Provisionally past CISSP exam and am awaiting endorsement". per
https://community.isc2.org/t5/Certifications/CISSP-Endorsement-Wait/td-p/15458
check the 4th reply from denbesten.

~edit 3rd reply.

~2nd edit, also be sure to note that they have holiday outs too, so 6 weeks from the 14th of November would actually be, the 2nd, although I will say that is cutting it close still. Perhaps they cannot reach one of your verifications? I would email them with the email attached to the account on here and that you took the exam with or give them a call. If you can't get through and it goes to voicemail, feel free to leave one, but then call back. I had to do this 3 times to actually get to a person, who was more than willing to help me and did so in very short order.

JonP
Newcomer III

Thanks.

I'm already advertising it that way, but it doesn't stand out among a bunch of CV's without the Green logo on the page, and I have been asked why they can't verify my credentials.

Unfortunately, both people willing to endorse me let their certifications in ISC drop in favour of ISACA, which I didn't know before I started studying (Yeah, I should have checked), and my previous company let the whole IT department go over the course of 8 months (I'd been working there 8 years, and was the last of 3) including all of my previous managers, so I have no contact numbers for them. It's all a big pain in the neck for me, and this delay doesn't help.

Ok, I'll wait until the end of this week or early next, you're right, Xmas and all that, but still; I really hope this isn't a taste of things to come. 😞 I thought security professionals were supposed to be responsive.

Jon Pertwee CISSP, CRISC, CIPP/E, PMP MSc. IT Security Management.
Jreg
Newcomer II

From my lurking around various forums, it seems the actual time for endorsement verification runs around 7 weeks lately. Given the holidays I'd add an additional one week for a total of 8 weeks. I passed on November 20th and was endorsed on the 22nd and I anticipate it being finalized around January 17th.

Jared Register CISSP, GDSA
https://www.linkedin.com/in/jaredregister/