Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newcomer I

Re: Officially CISSP now!

Congratulations!  Such a great accomplishment!  

Viewer

Congratulations and thank you for all the detail on your process and experience. 

I am a newby to cyber security certifications, but have 25 years of experience in IT and now interested in getting a CISSP.

However, I'm not clear on the endorsement process. https://www.isc2.org/Endorsement It says I have to know someone already certified or ask the (ISC)² to do the endorsement. I don't know anyone, so what are the requirements the (ISC)² would need?

@Baine Congratulations on taking steps to obtain the CISSP! If you do not know a member of (ISC)² in good standing and request (ISC)² to act as your endorser, the application is the same; however, you will be required to provide proof of employment. Proof of employment can be any of the following:

• W2's - 1 W2 for each year worked at the company, plus one extra for the year following.
  • Pay stubs - 3 for each year worked at the company (beginning, middle and end of each year).
  • Offer/Termination letter combination
  • Letter on company letterhead confirming your dates of employment

Best Regards,
Amanda

Newcomer I

Congrats Martin!
Community Champion

@MartinB wrote:

Hi Paul,

had to look that one up !

It looks like at the first of the month, so 7-1-2018

Time to get ready for a lifetime of documenting CPE's and paying AMF's.

If you earn a CPE and did not turn it in.....it didn't happen!

Paul

Newcomer II

You don't know anyone?  Not to fret... can someone in a local chapter help you, or an instructor?  Fortunately I knew someone.  

Viewer II

Congratulations
Well Done
Newcomer II

Congratulations! I recently passed the exam and had turned in the endorsement application a week ago. I agree with you that this is not an easy test. And I am glad that it is not easy, because I think that is what's keeping the high regard of professionals to this certification.