cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Newcomer I

Officially CCSP now!

Officially CCSP now!

I passed the (ISC)² CCSP exam on my first attempt on December 20 2018.

Still i had to wait until the endorsement was finished and after a few week of (long) waiting the CCSP title was awarded on February 8 2019

The exam wasn’t easy but also not that super hard (like CISSP), but you’ll have to know the facts … facts … and all the facts.

Exam preparation

The preparation for my CCSP was all self-study, as i was confident that CISSP gives a huge foundation and the cloud concepts are all around us. I just had to have the right video’s and books.
The outline is almost the same as my CISSP preparation ...
(don't change the recipe Smiley Wink )

Study materials:

The following books helped me with the studying:

• CCSP (ISC)2 Certified Cloud Security Professional Official Study Guide 1st Edition
    (978-1119277415) by Brian T. O’Hara and Ben Malisow.
  • CCSP Certified Cloud Security Professional All-in-One Exam Guide 1st Edition
    (978-1259835469 ) by Daniel Carter
  • CCSP Official (ISC)2 Practice Tests 1st Edition
    (978-119449225) by Ben Malisow

Both CCSP books are a good read and cover most of the materials. The All-in-One Guide is more helpfull if you want to read per domain, Sybex uses a different approach which make the book an easy reader.

Beside the courseware books you should also check out the following documents :

• CSA Security Guidance v4
  • CSA Cloud controls Matrix
  • Enisa Cloud Computing Risk Assessment
  • NIST 800-125 Guide to Security for Full Virtualization Technologies
  • NIST 800-144 Guidelines on security and Privacy in Plublic Cloud Computing
  • NIST 800-145 Definition of Cloud Computing
  • NIST 800- 146 Cloud Computing Synopsis and Recommendations
  • NIST 500-292 Cloud Computing Reference Architecture

Practice tests

Practice … practice and more practice! Doing practice exams preps you for the official exam and helps you discover the nasty words like Best, Least likey, Most likey.

I started with CCSP Official Practice Tests and on the last day i used the exam engine that comes with the CCSP Certified Cloud Security Professional All-in-One Exam. Found them both very helpfull.

Examday

Allthough i have passed the CISSP i must admit being a bit nervous as people say that it’s also a hard test to pass. But in my opinion it’s was a very solid exam and did test you pretty good! I think i finished under 90 minutes and received the Provisionally passed message!

Above is a copy/paste from my blogpost, so if you need links to the preparation material, just take a look:

Blogpost: Passed my (ISC)² CCSP exam! 

Cheers!Smiley Very Happy

5 Replies
Newcomer II

Re: Officially CCSP now!

Congratulations!

Newcomer I

I passed my CCSP exam two days ago. How long ago did you pass your CISSP exam? My learning path was quite similar, however I do recommend also using the Official (ISC)² Guide to the CCSP CBK, Second Edition. The chapters in the CBK line up with the CCSP domains. For me this gives some extra confidence while learning. I studied the CBK front to back and used the Sybex book to look up topics that I didn't completely understood after reading the CBK.

For practice questions I used https://cccure.education. Although there are not too many questions in their set, the way of posing those questions gives me the right mindset for the exam. I used cccure also for my CISSP exam.

Although there is a lot of overlap between CISSP and CCSP, I really did have to study hard to get confidence in my knowledge. Compared to the CISSP exam, the CCSP exam felt much easier to me. After finishing the exam I didn't worry about the result as I felt really sure I passed.

Viewer II

Do we get an ID card and certificate like we did for CISSP?  I got my pass message Jan 31. 

Newcomer I

Gerard,
Yes you do, check the Welcome mail from the member support.

Your welcome kit (including your ID card and certificate) will be shipped to the address above within 8 – 12 weeks.

I'm also waiting for this ... just takes time Smiley Happy
Viewer II

Sweet! Maybe another PIN too.  I need more flair!  Congratulations to you.