Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CraigM
Newcomer I

Next edition of the CISSP book and exam?

Hi folks,

As we're now in 2018 I'm hoping to get an exact date for the switch over to the next edition of the CISSP book and exam.

I understand it may be April, is there now an exact date on that?

Thanks,

Craig

18 Replies
CoreyO
Newcomer II

What kind of changes are we looking at for the material? and new learning point?

Kind Regards
CoreyO

Never let the Fear of striking out stop you from playing!!! - Babe Ruth

Every Strike out brings me closer to the next Home Run!!! - Babe Ruth
paul_edwards
Viewer

Is there also a change to the format of the Exam> I take it the Book will be out for a period before changing the Exam?
Davidr-uk
Newcomer I

The new testing method came out in December 2017, The content is still the same.

I did have a link to new weighting for the different topics, It is on ISC2's website some where. I don't think it is massive changes but more of bring certain subjects in to the exam. GDPR comes to mind.

As for a book, I bet it wont be out until September or so

Bayshob
Contributor I

The new CISSP exam is already out. Its been out since December, 2017. For more information, look for my discussion post, "Information on the new CISSP" to see the information you need. And don't forget to click Kudos. And refer people to read it and also click kudos.

All the best 

CraigM
Newcomer I

Hi David,

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand.

I'm not thinking of the new CAT format, I'm thinking about new content, your note of GDPR would be a good example.

I thought the plan was to switch in April 2018?  And wouldn't the book have to come out before the exam?

Sorry, new to ISC2 and not sure of the methods.

Thanks again,

Craig

CraigM
Newcomer I

Hi,

I think you're thinking about the CAT version of the exam, I'm thinking about new content and hence new questions based on the content.

I know, it's a bit confusing at this point.

Thanks,

Craig

Bayshob
Contributor I

There is an information on the new CISSP CBK on this link. https://cccure.training/m/articles/view/NEW-CISSP-CBK-version-is-coming-out-in-April-of-2018

CraigM
Newcomer I

Thanks, very helpful.

While there doesn't seem to be much change, I'd still like to understand when the exam will change to reflect this new content.  If anyone has this info it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Craig