Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
(ISC)² Former Staff

Re: New ISSEP Official Guide and/or training for the March 14 refresh?

Hello everyone,

Thank you all for posting about this and creating an engaging discussion, we appreciate all of the comments and suggestions that have come up around this topic. If you wish to influence which references are used for future iterations of the exam, we recommend signing up to volunteer for exam writing. You can get more information about that by emailing examdevelopment@isc2.org or taking a look here.

We encourage you all to continue to comment and discuss this topic here; however, at this time there is nothing further that (ISC)² can offer on this topic.

Thank you, 

Samantha O'Connor
(ISC)² Online Community Manager
Highlighted
Newcomer III

Thanks, @ToniHahn. I passed the ISSEP exam today. Your references by domain are helpful.

I shared mine on my blog and hope this helpful to ISSEP aspirants.

Best regards,
Wentz Wu, CISSP-ISSMP,ISSEP,ISSAP/CCSP/CSSLP
https://WentzWu.com
Highlighted
Newcomer III

Congratulations!!!  That is something you should be very proud of!!  It is not an easy exam!  I am so glad the references helped!!  🙂  Great news!!  Thanks for sharing!  Smiley HappySmiley Very HappySmiley LOL

Newcomer I

Congratulations @wentzwu!

A question regarding your study materials. I see you used the (ISC)2 CISSP-ISSEP resource, I am reluctant to buy it as it is very old, how did you find the content?

Highlighted
Newcomer III

Thanks, @TK!

I believe the revision to the ISSEP exam is an evolution instead of a revolution. That's why I bought the old ISSEP-CBK 2005 and found it valuable. I would suggest to read Domain 1, 3, and 4(focus on ch 14 & 15, while 11 to 13 are good to know). Domain 2 is pretty good as well to know about how the C&A worked in the past. Practicing the sample questions helps.

Some other materials for your information:

• NIST IA Overview: NIST SP 800-100, 800-12 (understand the RMF overview diagram on page 36 well)
  • Engineering concepts: NIST SP 800-64, 800-160 vol1 & vol2 (for resilience), CSSLP CBK
  • Risk Management: 800-39, 800-30, 800-37
  • Security Planning: NIST 800-18, 800-34
  • Important topics: Patching, Continuous Monitoring, Sanitization... go for related NIST SP guidelines.

Enjoy your journey to ISSEP and good luck!

Best regards,
Wentz Wu, CISSP-ISSMP,ISSEP,ISSAP/CCSP/CSSLP
https://WentzWu.com