Announcements
April is Volunteer Appreciation Month! We want to thank all of our
volunteers for all the hard work they do! Join us in celebrating!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newcomer III

Kali Linux Certified Professional

What is your opinion on KLCP Certification? If there is anyone who has taken it what was your experience like? I have been using Kali for a little while now. I am mainly a Redhat kinda guy but am wondering if taking this exam is worthwhile.

4 Replies
Viewer II

Re: Kali Linux Certified Professional

Getting a KLCP certificate cannot prove your expertise on ethical hacking. I would rather obtain OSCP.

Off topic: If ISC2 would start an ethical hacking certification and develop COE for white hackers, I must have a go.

Newcomer II

I would say it depends what you want to do. I notice most businesses are Red Hat or SuSe , Suse being my personal favorite - I also like their learning and certification paths. I have not worked or seen any Kali other than for education, pen testing, or testing environments.

for the CEH and the Pen Testing certs I think   Kali is very beneficial.

Kind Regards
CoreyO

Never let the Fear of striking out stop you from playing!!! - Babe Ruth

Every Strike out brings me closer to the next Home Run!!! - Babe Ruth
Viewer

Totally agree. OSCP is the way.

Newcomer III

I see your point on this. I personally like the fact that OffensiveSecurity is giving out their study guide for free. I have been a redhat guy since they first came out and I have supported several different versions of redhat but I do like it when companies give away stuff for free in order to attract attention to their cert programs. Kali being based on Debian is something I like also because I find Debian to be very user friend at the same time.