cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iamxswzaq
Viewer III

Inquiry on CISSP Study Resources and Materials

Hi All

I am a System + Network Consultant with 9 years experience in IT infra. I am very interested in Cyber Security. I have recently requested and has been granted internal transfer in my company to be come an Information Security Consultant. I would like to study CISSP to upgrade myself and be better equip for this new role.

I am looking for study materials and have started the following:

1. CISSP Course - Kelly Handerhan, Cybrary

2. Official (ISC)² CISSP Practice Tests

3. Official (ISC)² CISSP Study Guide

4. Reading NIST Publication

I plan do my first attempt of the exam in 6 months time.

My question is, essentially do I need to purchase [Official (ISC)² Guide to the CISSP CBK, Fifth Edition] ? Is it strongly recommended for my study? I have read mixed reviews about it, unlike the official study guide, many have commented that the guide to the CISSP CBK, wordings and vocabulary used, at times causes confusion. 

Thank you for reading my post.

1 Reply
yumit
Viewer

Hi there, I am replying to your post because I have also been studying for CISSP. I was recently transfered to the department of Network Security. Though I am still a beginner for the field, I have been motivated for upgrading myself as you do. This is not suitable for you but CISSP for dummies has helped me a lot for start up. As a next step, I am going to look at some official guides and take some lectures for deepning my understanding. Hopefully, I would like to do my first attempt of the exam in the early of next year. I know this comment does not help you but just wanted to tell you that there is someone who has just started studying for the same goal with you. I am attending the Security Congress 2019, which also motivates me! Thank you and all the best for you.