Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reader I

Re: Information on the new CISSP

Thank you for sharing the link Smiley Happy
Newcomer II

I did the old format of the exam last year and now I am wondering if the current question number is still shown.

If this is the case, I would get more nervous from number 110 upwards.

Newcomer I

Was a very wonderful experience. I was very surprised when the system ended my exam after 105 questions only to find out the great news. 

Newcomer I

Better than expected.  I took the test January 3rd.  I was finished with the test in about one hour and twenty minutes.  I am not sure about the number of questions because I shut the counter off at 39 questions.  I really don't think I had 100 questions but it is possible.  it would not be more than that. I was shocked when the test ended but did get the email that I passed.  Whew...

Newcomer I

Took the new CISSP earlier this week. I ha to say, prior to the change I was not looking forward to the length of the exam. I breathed a sigh of relief when the new format came out...

No idea what score I got though - just that I passed...

Anyone know how long vetting/processing is taking these days?

Viewer II

That.s for the information, I´m thinking about take CISSP this year.

@MichaelW Congratulations on passing the CISSP! Once your endorsement has been approved by your endorser and you receive the confirmation email that (ISC)² has your endorsement, the reviewing process can take up to 6 weeks. 

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance

Newcomer I

We were just talking about this at the office today.  I do hope the algorithm doesn't end up diluting this certification by passing more than actually deserve to do so.

Viewer II

Dear All,

Not quite sure about the review session, is it removed? Thus we cannot review our answer after exam.

I found this FAQ but can't get it.

(https://www.isc2.org/certifications/CISSP/CISSP-CAT)

"... and candidates cannot review an item without answering it or revisit a previous item to change an answer."

Cheers.

Newcomer I

Also from the FAQ: "Because the CISSP CAT exam is a variable-length computerized adaptive examination and the difficulty of items presented to a candidate is based on previous responses, item review is not permitted. Once a candidate finalizes an answer, it may not be reviewed or changed."

In the 'How it works' section: "Each candidate taking the CISSP CAT exam will start with an item that is well below the passing standard. Following a candidate’s response to an item, the scoring algorithm re-estimates the candidate’s ability based on the difficulty of all items presented and answers provided. With each additional item answered, the computer's estimate of the candidate’s ability becomes more precise – gathering as much information as possible about a candidate’s true ability level more efficiently than traditional, linear exams."

So - no review session. Only a message that the exam is completed and to pick up the report with the testing agency.