Bayshob
Contributor I

Information on the new CISSP

NEW.cat.cissp1-1.jpg

44 Replies
Kaity
Community Manager

Hi Stephen,

We did send out a message to those that had already registered for the exam and who would be affected by the change. I apologize that you didn't receive it - it was certainly not our intent to surprise you with this change!

Happy that you passed, though, and were able to celebrate sooner!
DAlexander
Newcomer III

The data-nerdy side of me would love to learn more about the algorithm that predicts your odds of passing based on each question answered!

AmarP
Reader I

Hi all,

New here!

Has anyone sat the new formatted exam yet? if yes, would you like to share your experience?

Thanks,

Amar

Kaity
Community Manager

Hi Amar! I'm sure there's lots of folks who can share their experience, but we also just did a blog post after speaking with someone who passed the CISSP CAT in an hour. You can read it here if you like: http://blog.isc2.org/isc2_blog/2018/01/what-is-the-cissp-cat-exam-like.html

Fletch
Newcomer I

Do it! 🙂

@cyberpro wrote:

I am more motivated now than ever to take the CISSP.

Fletch
Newcomer I

Nice improvement... And it gives the pre-CAT CISSPs the ability to say, "Back in MY day we sat for 6 hours..." 😉

Mathershapiroa
Newcomer I

It actually becomes 75-125 questions. 25 are beta questions that don’t count towards the grade. Even less room for error
JamesMac
Newcomer II

With a little luck it means no more "be at the test centre at 7.30am for an 8am start" as well. (This makes a big difference: when I did mine, it meant a return flight and an overnight stay; colleagues should now be able to do it as a one-day turnaround)

maheshpg5
Viewer III

A need of the hour change with regards to time and the competency testing...Great work ISC2

sarfaraz-khan
Viewer II

6 hours were too much earlier. This new format would encourage the CISSP aspirants now very much....