cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Radioteacher
Community Champion

Improvements in the Endorsement Process

This is my second review of the Endorsement Process

My first observations can be found here.

https://community.isc2.org/t5/Certifications/Endorsement-Process-Observations/m-p/11333 

A second friend of mine took the CISSP exam and passed!  They sent me a text with a photo of the exam results with the question, "Did I pass?"  I read the familiar verbiage and replied "YES!! You Passed!!".

So for my first note to (ISC)2, please change the first sentence of the report when someone passes the test to:  "Congratulations, you have provisionally passed your CISSP exam." 

I have talked to many CISSP's that did not comprehend that they passed the exam after reading the report.  Granted that many were really tired after taking the exam.  Please do whatever psychometric/UX/UI thing you have to do to make a tired person realize that they finished this step of the process.

Back to the Process

Steps 1 through 4 are the same as I wrote about in the link above.  The more you complete before the exam, the faster the endorsement process will be.

Step 5 has improved!  The text I submitted this time had a semicolon and an apostrophe and it was accepted!  I was unable to test the 2499 character limit.  I just had less to say.  

So now you do not need to strip semicolons; or apostrophes' from your narratives!

Paul

P.S. Be a mentor and help build you the profession.  

4 Replies
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

@Radioteacher wrote:

A second friend of mine took the CISSP exam and passed!  They sent me a text with a photo of the exam results with the question, "Did I pass?"  I read the familiar verbiage and replied "YES!! You Passed!!".

So for my first note to (ISC)2, please change the first sentence of the report when someone passes the test to:  "Congratulations, you have provisionally passed your CISSP exam." 

I have talked to many CISSP's that did not comprehend that they passed the exam after reading the report.  Granted that many were really tired after taking the exam.  Please do whatever psychometric/UX/UI thing you have to do to make a tired person realize that they finished this step of the process. 

Isn't this pretty much exactly what it already says?

Radioteacher
Community Champion

@AlecTrevelyan you are correct!  

It is very similar.  That is why I would like a writer to make it clear and unambiguous like, "Congratulations, you passed the examination. This is pass is provisional based on our review...." 

I have asked five friends that are CISSP's what their first thoughts were when they received the paperwork from the proctor. (pictured below)  Four of the candidates, including myself, were not 100% sure they passed.

I read it three times like a test question and was only about 80% sure I passed.  I handed the report back to the proctor and he told me I passed.  At that point, I could see it for myself. 

Part of the issue was exhaustion after five hours of testing. 

By question 180 of the 250, I felt that I had failed.  I kept going so I could get the full experience of the event.  I was shocked when I came to the realization that I completed this step in the process.

It is easy to sit here and read the statement below and understand what it says.....it is very different reading it in that context after that test.

Paul

Capture1.JPG

AppDefects
Community Champion

@Radioteacher wrote:

@AlecTrevelyan you are correct!  

It is very similar.  That is why I would like a writer to make it clear and unambiguous like, "Congratulations, you passed the examination. This is pass is provisional based on our review...." 

Capture1.JPG

I agree. The "provisionally passed" phrase is confusing! KISS. REMOVE the word PROVISIONALLY in the second sentence. Then continue on with the qualify statement. 

amogh1745
Viewer

I experienced this feeling after attempting CCSP Exam recently, though I was able to clear it, but as soon as I hit the submit button after answering the last question, I was not very sure that I would be able to pass, rather it felt that I would miss out marginally, but to my surprise, it was a favorable outcome. 🙂