Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

ISSAP and ISSMP domains not current in CPE portal

@amandavanceISC2 

Hi Amanda,

I just noticed today when looking to submit CPEs for my ISSAP and ISSMP certifications, the domains for both of these follow the old domain lists and are therefore not aligned with the domains as detailed in the latest, respective exam outlines.

Can these be updated please? The list of domains should also be updated in the endorsement application forms for the ISSAP and ISSMP.

Thanks in advance!

7 Replies
amandavanceISC2

Hello @AlecTrevelyan, thank you for bringing this to my attention. Can you please send a screenshot of this to my email?

Best Regards,
Amanda
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

Thanks Amanda - email sent as requested.

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

@amandavanceISC2 

Hi Amanda,

Any news on this please?

I need to submit some CPEs, but I can't as the domain I want to submit them against doesn't exist in the CPE portal and the domains that are there aren't suitable.

The ISSAP domains changed in July 2017 and the ISSMP domains changed in May 2018 so these really should be reflected properly in the CPE portal by now.

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

This is finally fixed!

issap-issmp-fixed.png

Jerry
Newcomer III

Hey, Alec! Do you find that, aside from personal satisfaction, that these were worth the exam fee? I would love to go after those, but the company doesn't see any reason to fund them.
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

Hey Jerry,

I guess it depends what you're looking to get out of the process of earning a new certification whatever certification it may be.

For me, I wanted three things from the process of earning the various certifications I hold:

1. To validate the knowledge and experience I have gained over 20+ years in the industry
  2. To increase my knowledge in the various respective subjects covered by my certifications to authoritative levels
  3. To fill some of my spare time doing something vaguely productive

Will these certifications help you get a better job? Possibly. I do keep an eye on the job market and see the ISSAP and ISSMP being listed on job descriptions - bear in mind I'm UK based so if I'm seeing this over here it must be happening in greater volume in the US.

In terms of funding, my previous employer paid for my CISSP, CCSP, ISSEP and ISSAP. My current employer is funding my CSSLP aspirations. I actually paid for my ISSMP myself. (This is part of the reason I am so annoyed at the ISSMP certificate package getting lost!) I had lined up my previous employer to pay for the ISSMP but then I moved jobs and undertook the study and passed the exam in the period when I was between the two jobs - see reason number 3 above.

Was earning any/all of these certifications worth it from a pure monetary return on investment perspective - particularly the ISSMP which I paid for myself (exam fees + cost of the CBK book)?

Well, I didn't need any of these certifications (other than maybe my CISSP) to get my current job - my experience and reputation was enough. So, it's hard to quantify, but I'd say they've all paid for themselves now purely through the added confidence I have in my knowledge and capabilities shining through in the quality of my work - which has literally paid dividends!

Hope this helps!

Jerry
Newcomer III

It does.  I had originally planned to get those, but changed jobs.  No chance for now.  I am urged to get ISACA certs instead.  Ugh. 

I have a long list of certs, but was really interested in the ISSAP and ISSMP.  I was hoping you would say they were a waste of time, I guess. 🙂