Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FlyingDutchman
Newcomer II

ISSAP Materials and EXAM

What is the best materials for this exam?

have someone information about updating syllabus of issap exam?

I am planning to prepare for this exam.

is PDF version available of official CBK?

Thanks for answers.

3 Replies
Caute_cautim
Community Champion

My own personal take, ensure you fully have the latest CISSP principles firmly embedded in your heart and soul.  These foundations are from my perspective, absolutely essential for you to pass this concentration and indeed any concentration.   This means ensuring you test your own understanding and go back to basics.   Because half way through your revision regime, you don't want to have to go back and revisit the basics, its disruptive, unless you have photographic memory inbuilt (if you are lucky). 

If you can afford, it, invest in a virtual ISC2 online course, and go through the intensive course.  Each session is recorded and you can play it back for reinforcement purposes.   You will also need plenty of experience, as the examination not only reviews your understanding of the underlying principles, but also how they can be applied to real life scenarios.   To me personally, it was invaluable. 

lwalcher
Reader I

I passed the ISSAP exam last summer after a relatively worthless weeklong class and reading the official (ISC)2 book. Even though the CBK was updated last summer (right before I took the exam, which was a bit concerning), the material in the book covers a lot of what you need and you can get the exam outline/CBK from isc2.org and study online to fill in any gaps. If you have 10+ years of hands-on experience and read the book, you will likely pass the exam.

EDIT: to answer your PDF question, I don’t know if there is a PDF but you can get the official (ISC)2 book via Kindle, for example.

FlyingDutchman
Newcomer II

thanks