Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Newcomer III

(ISC)2 CCSP Endorsement for a CISSP

If you already have a Member CISSP the endorsement process is easy.

After you authenticate to the endorsement site it knows you are a CISSP.  It uses that information and with it (ISC)2 endorses you.  Once you fill out a few required eligibility/agreement forms and digitally sign the documents the process begins.  

This is in contrast to my CISSP process that I went back over twenty years (I know I only needed five years but I did it anyway by just being complete).  It took over 25 days to reach the former direct reports for a write up of my duties and work with the CISSP that was endorsing me.  

So to contrast, the CCSP endorsement took ten minutes online and the CISSP was 25 days of coordinated work with the person endorsing me.   

Whoever came up with the CCSP endorsement, please thank them for a job well done.

Paul

4 Replies
Newcomer I

Re: (ISC)2 CCSP Endorsement for a CISSP

The new endorsement process applies to all certifications and yes, it definitely cuts back the time needed to go through the process all while saving some trees.

Newcomer I

I recently went through it, and, yes, it dramatically makes things easier and faster compared to the previous process (which I experienced too).

Well done (ISC)2!

Newcomer III

Romualds wrote:

I recently went through it, and, yes, it dramatically makes things easier and faster compared to the previous process (which I experienced too).

Well done (ISC)2!

I am not sure it is faster.  I submitted my endorsement for the CCSP on 11-14-2017 and it is still in progress.

See this thread for more information.

https://community.isc2.org/t5/Certifications/Waiting-for-CCSP-Endorsement/m-p/4231#M641

Viewer

I believe they are meaning that the endorsement process is faster, not necessarily the review period. I was CISSP before applying for CCSP endorsement - the online endorsement process automatically recognized my CISSP status and submitting the endorsement was very easy.

It took approximately 4.5 weeks for my (automatic) endorsement to be reviewed, approved, and be officially awarded the CCSP certification.