Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vasan
Newcomer III

I passed CISSP on 24th Feb 2020

Passed CISSP examination today and the exam stopped at question 140.

Spent around 1 hour daily (except on weekends) since April 2019 to study on various CISSP online and official materials and tons of sample questions. Feel all efforts for past few months yielded a positive result.

All the best for all rest of ISC2 members.

21 Replies
vijay
Newcomer I

@Vasan thank you, 

Without  experience you have cleared the exam that is what its inspiring me. All the best and i am sure ISC2 will award you CISSP soon

vijay
Newcomer I

@ecoli thanks for all your suggestions, it really helped me to where and how to start. Kalpan Prep bit of high cost for me. 

And congrats on CISM cert, is it really so easy to pass CISM after CISSP? even i planning to have CISM also. But currently i am focusing 1st on CISSP. If CISM exam cover with CISSP prep, i will be more happy take that one also

Vasan
Newcomer III

Thank you..actually i have been managing infosec for my current company for almost 7 years now. Just that i don't have any official security certification beside my 3 years college degrees. That's how i got inspired to complete this. Don't worry Vijay, i believe you can do it as well. Wish you all the best too
ecoli
Newcomer I

@vijay I found the CISM much easier than the CISSP.  However, I have 22 years of experience in this field but was never required to become certified.  I took the CISM because I felt so well prepared from my CISSP studying.  

The CISM requires a change of thought.  You really have to think completely about the interest of the corporation instead of the "how to do it".  But with that in mind, a lot of the concepts you are familiar with from the CISSP carry forward to the CISM.  

ISACA has a prep test question application that helps you prepare.  Also, their book is less than 300 pages which is much more palatable than the 1200 plus pages if the ISC2 book.  

dmellor123
Viewer II

Congratulations Vasan. 

Great Job

Vasan
Newcomer III

thanks @dmellor123
Lamont29
Community Champion

One thing that the CISSP gives you is some confidence that you are prepared and competent to do the most complex job in a security role. However, the actual role (depending upon what it is) can humble you pretty quickly. I am experienced in this field, as I've held several exciting jobs, within a diversity of sectors. Let me tell you that I am NEVER surprised by the things that will leave me stumped for answers. Things change so much, that that CISSP credential that you’ve earn will mean nothing in a matter of months. It’s best to keep moving with the follow-up education. Everytime I try to take a break in this field, I just get humbled all over again. This is a constant education is what I am trying to say...

Lamont Robertson
M.S., M.A., CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, CDPSE, MCSE
Vasan
Newcomer III

i passed my CISM on 16 Oct too...yahooo
sg2278
Newcomer II

Congratulations on passing the CISSP. 

Lamont29
Community Champion

Welcome to the club fellow CISSP!
Lamont Robertson