Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vasan
Newcomer III

I passed CISSP on 24th Feb 2020

Passed CISSP examination today and the exam stopped at question 140.

Spent around 1 hour daily (except on weekends) since April 2019 to study on various CISSP online and official materials and tons of sample questions. Feel all efforts for past few months yielded a positive result.

All the best for all rest of ISC2 members.

21 Replies
babrown18
Viewer

Congratulations!

If you don't mind me asking, what study material did you use? I have a multitude of books but don't know where to begin. Please assist.

ericgeater
Community Champion

Nicely done, and congratulations!

--
"A claim is as good as its veracity."
ecoli
Newcomer I

Congrats!  

Vasan
Newcomer III

thanks ecoli
Vasan
Newcomer III

thanks Eric
Vasan
Newcomer III

thanks babrown...the details as below
1) CISSP CBK (i went on slow phase 2-3 pages) per day.
2) LinkedIn Training - Mike Chappel
3) CISSP Pocket Prep - IoS App
4) Sunflower Notes
5) IT Dojo (YouTube)
6) Random free questions from internet (i think i did quite a lot on this).
vijay
Newcomer I

Congratulations,

Can you please advise which are online exam prep question sites you referred. i am looking for same.

Thank you

Vasan
Newcomer III

thank you vijay, 

I can't exactly remember the links. I simply googled for "CISSP online free prep questions" and there are a lot of websites have sample questions. Some will ask for email ID in-order to send the result and some immediately give you answer with explanation and some you need to pay i guess. I just went thru free questions and for me the explanation is important as it provides guide on how to answer the questions. These are not dumps, as i didn't came cross any similar question in exam. So study guide is very important to understand the concept of each domain. That's why, it took me almost one year to build the confidence 🙂 and really hope with more than 5 years experience, the panel of CISSP able award me CISSP soon :-DDDD 

ecoli
Newcomer I

@vijay I used Kaplan IT Training.   Their testing has an adaptive engine that assesses your answers and changes the difficulty based on how you answer.  

However, the best thing is to read Sybex ISC2 Official Study Guide 8th edition.  I read that cover to cover.  I first read Shon Harris and Fernando Maymi "All in One Cissp" which I think is inferior to the Sybex book.  Both books have lots of questions.  

When you are unclear on the material, you should use Youtube to clarify the topic.  There is plenty of short free instructive videos that explain CISSP material on youtube.  

Just before the test read 11th Hour CISSP by Eric Conrad (Do not use this as your only source of education).  It is a good refresher only.

Two weeks after passing the CISSP, I took the CISM and passed that also.