cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GDaniel
Newcomer I

I PASSED CISSP

Morning All,

New to the community. I passed the exam on 10/4.  Definitely a challenging exam. Took me all 3 hours and I completed all 150 questions. Really thought I failed since some colleagues of mine that passed, exam stopped at 100 questions. For the ones that completed the 150, failed. I did start to get frustrated when I was like at Q: 110 and it didn't stop. Just told myself to keep focus and keep on answering them correctly. Completed with 2 minutes to spare and signed out. Then I got the paper form the proctor and I passed! :-).  

To all the future test takers, stay focused from beginning to end, read the questions and answers more than once, take breaks if you need (note: every time you leave you have show that you did not come back with anything (e.g. emptying out your pockets jackets included and self pat down) which impacts your remaining time. I began studying 5 months which included the following sources:

Training Camp 1 week boot camp

(ISC)2 CISSP 8th Edition Official Study Guide and 2nd Edition Official Practice Tests

3rd Edition 11th Hour CISSP

Boson (https://www.boson.com/practice-exam/cissp-isc2-practice-exam)

Pocket Prep (https://www.pocketprep.com/exams/isc2-cissp/)

I'm so happy to be part of this community! I do plan to pursue the other the concentrations. Based on my two days of brief research, seems like Engineering is hardest and there isn't an updated ISSE CBK yet. I would like to tackle the hard first. Any assistance on what other materials/training are out there in addition to the self pace study material provided by the ISC2? I'm also open to feedback on my approach.. should I start with Management or Architecture instead?

Thanks in advance! 

~GD

11 Replies
GDaniel
Newcomer I

Much appreciated! 

canLG0501
Newcomer III

Congratulations and welcome to the community!