Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WilliamLin
Newcomer I

How long to get CISSP certification after getting endorsment

I had passed the CISSP exam and gotten endorsement on late of Apr, now the endorsement is still under review, could some friends here can share how long it can the certification be issued after endorsement comments submitting or there is additional steps I need to do ? Thanks a lot.

10 Replies
emb021
Advocate I

I think its been stated that it can take from 4-8 weeks after submitting the endorsement.

If there is a problem, I think they would contact you.

Not sure why it takes this long.  When I did it several years ago (~5), it was about 4 weeks.  And endorsement was either fax or mailed in (I think I emailed mine in).

---
Michael Brown, CISSP, HCISPP, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, CDPSE, GSLC, GSTRT, GLEG, GSNA, CIST, CIGE, ISSA Fellow
Ericomy
Newcomer I

From all of the sources that I have spoken to including some from ISC2 directly the entire process can take up to 8 weeks. Though right now most of the individuals I have seen receiving their official email has been between 6 -7 weeks 40-45 days from endorsement to CISSP. I am still waiting as well as I submitted mine the first weekend of May so you will probably have yours before mine. However if you want to know the current rate try giving them a call. I called last week and they told me give it about 2 more weeks. Which would put me right around 8 weeks. Of course none of this includes if your application is potentially audited unsure how long that may take.

NicoPlat
Viewer

I just got certified. In my case the whole process took slightly longer than 6 weeks.

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

Congratulations, Nico, and everyone else that has been endorsed recently!

BTW - we do have an endorsement time tracking thread if any of you want to add your details for the benefit of others waiting?

https://community.isc2.org/t5/Certifications/CISSP-Endorsement-Wait/td-p/15458/page/11

WilliamLin
Newcomer I

Thank you all for your comments and share, I think I would be patient as now it has been 6 weeks, should be coming soon.Smiley Happy

WilliamLin
Newcomer I

I am just receiving the Welcome email of CISSP certification and member ship today, thank you all for sharing and I know this would be my new starting point and long journey in Cyber Security exploring...

amiroyoma
Newcomer I

Have you done a follow up to get the certification completed? Or just waited?

Mounika
Viewer II

Have you got any responses? How long it is taking now a days?

amiroyoma
Newcomer I

It took me 3 weeks between endorsement was approved by my colleague until my membership was approved.