rlubanga
Viewer

How best can i prepare for SSCP

Hello members

Can someone please help me on how to best prepare for an SSCP exam

6 Replies
fish6288
Viewer II

I read the book "SSCP All-in-One exam guide"  by Darril Gibson. Easy to read and has some good info in it. I then just used the practice tests that came with the book and then went and took the exam. I have been in the IT field for over 15 years and I had a good understanding of most of the material covered. If you don't have much experience you may need to add some more study guides to the mix.

adam1bbo
Newcomer I

Hi, I did my training using CBT through Pluralsight, about 25 hours worth of videos of which I made notes about. I then read through my notes a couple of times and took the exam, which I passed the exam first time. A general appreciation of IT is needed as well.

Regards
Adam | SSCP
rlubanga
Viewer

Thanx fish6288

Actually i have got a copy of "CompTIA Security+: Get Certified Get Ahead: SY0-301 Study Guide" by Darril Gibson.

But its rich in content am yet to obtain your recommended copy of "SSCP All-in-One exam guide"  by Darril Gibson.

Thanx

Robert

munish3420
Newcomer II

Hello,

I am also preparing for the exam and its in 25 days. I have gone through

SSCP Systems Security Certified Practitioner: Study Guide by George B Murphy and CBK. 

I am able to get 80-85% in practice questions and official ISC app for SSCP. But i want to go through more questions. Can you please suggest me some source where i can practice more questions.

Many thanks in advance. 

Regards,

Munish Kumar

cdiongue
Viewer

Just have 2 months to prepare... how best i can be ready for the coming day ? 

Thanks. 

denbesten
Community Champion

On the final day, Staying up late and "cramming" is the one thing you should *not* do. (ISC)² exams are about knowledge and experience; not memorizing obscure trivia.

Much better to "tune up" the brain so it is ready to run.  Get some down-time the evening before (go to your favorite restaurant; watch a movie; hang with family, etc.).  The go to bed on time, get good night's sleep and eat a nourishing breakfast before the exam.