Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StevenJ6052
Newcomer III

Homepage dispalying inaccurate CPE "(Satisfied)" status

I have noticed several posts regarding members ability and submit CPEs for approval however I am experiencing a different issue.

I currently have both the CISSP and CAP Certifications. When looking at the "member Home" screen the area displaying CPE status incorrectly shows (Satisfied) for my CAP certification as well as the correct number of CPEs due for my CISSP.

When I go the "Submit/Edit my CPE credits page however the correct number of applied credits are shown, and I am also able to submit additional CPEs.

Is anybody else having this experience? Please share.

9 Replies
billclancy
Contributor I

I'd get with member services, they are very helpful.

+1.866.331.ISC2(4722)
+1.727.785.0189
membersupport@isc2.org

Gary23
Newcomer II

@StevenJ6052 wrote:

I have noticed several posts regarding members ability and submit CPEs for approval however I am experiencing a different issue.

I currently have both the CISSP and CAP Certifications. When looking at the "member Home" screen the area displaying CPE status incorrectly shows (Satisfied) for my CAP certification as well as the correct number of CPEs due for my CISSP.

When I go the "Submit/Edit my CPE credits page however the correct number of applied credits are shown, and I am also able to submit additional CPEs.

Is anybody else having this experience? Please share.

I just received my CCSP.  I need to look at the rules for CPE's for multiple certifications.  I know that when you have multiple certifications, the CPE's are applied to all the certifications, BUT I earned my CPE's prior to receiving my CCSP, so as I understand the rules, I can't apply them to that certification.  My status for CCSP show "Satisfied".

I don't think the logic is quite right on the tool, or I don't understand the rules.

-Gary

billclancy
Contributor I

I'm in the exact same situation, and since I recently passed my CCSP, I'm decompressing and not worrying about much at all. My memory of CISSP (2005), is that we don't need CPE's for the first year. Caveat being, I'll certainly check this out in a couple of months to be certain that this is true. When I do find out I'll post it here somewhere.

Bill

Gary23
Newcomer II

@billclancy I guess I'm kinda like Hammy on "Over the Hedge"

I passed AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner two weeks ago and I just passed AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate today.

I'm packing away the CPE's.  I need 90 CPE's to keep my new Certification and I have put in ~40 hours of self study on those two certifications.  I subscribe to Safari Books Online which have provided me 9 of this hours of live training. I am squirreling away the documentation, just in case.

I no longer buy books.  It is a great resource.

-Gary

billclancy
Contributor I

So how tough are the AWS cert tests? I'm tempted...
Gary23
Newcomer II

It is not bad, you can get free AWS tier accounts with which to practice.  It is mainly learning the AWS jargon/infrastructure.  It is a practical example of the theoretical concepts presented in the CCSP material.

Be aware, the AWS Certified Developer — Associate was updated this year and the test I took is being phased out Aug 12th.

I found that some of the questions were not covered in my material.

The cost is not bad:

AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner - $100

AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate - $150

AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional - $300

The Certification is valid for two years and then you have to retest to recertify.

-Gary

billclancy
Contributor I

You're tempting me! I have Safari books also, and it is nice, but being "First wave" IT, I still like the feel of a book, and like scribbling notes. No CPEs for AWS 'eh?
Gary23
Newcomer II

If you have Safari Online, check out the live training.  It is included with the subscription and even if you can't make the whole class, they record it and make it available to you for later playback.

I'm attending AWS Security Fundamentals on Aug 7th.

-Gary

kpressimone
Viewer II

FYI about Safari. Veterans can get it free through militaryonesource and the MWR library