Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Failed the CISSP on the First Try

Joe, did you get a breakdown after the exam showing the marks you scored in each domain and consequently areas you should perhaps work on ??

Contributor I

I took the CISSP over 12 years ago, and still remember how difficult it was. I read the official CBT, and did practice questions daily for 6 months. I did pass on the first try

In February 2018 I took the CCSP and flunked by one question! ...It was awful, but I just marched on, & continued to read and do questions every day. I passed in early June!

YOU CAN DO THIS!

Clancy

Community Champion

Spot on Mr. Clancy! Congratulations, by the way.

Contributor I

Hang in there! I mentored a co-worker who took it 6 times and flunked, but passed on the 7th try! The special circumstance is that Hindi was his native language, and he was taking it in English. I'm pretty sure the Hindi version would kill me!

Community Champion

@billclancy wrote:

Hang in there! I mentored a co-worker who took it 6 times and flunked, but passed on the 7th try! The special circumstance is that Hindi was his native language, and he was taking it in English. I'm pretty sure the Hindi version would kill me!

When I was doing the seminars, I did have some candidates who had taken before, and sometimes they did not have English as a first language.  All who had taken the translated versions said that it was easier working from the English version.  (Believe me, when a German and a Frenchman say that the English versions are better, the German and French versions have *got* to be pretty bad ...)

This message may or may not be governed by the terms of
http://www.noticebored.com/html/cisspforumfaq.html#Friday or
https://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/1468
Tags (1)
Newcomer II

You are not alone in failing the test on the first try. I failed too two months ago (5/2018). I felt down, feeling that I wasted so much of my time studying and to top it, the $699, which is almost a month of mortgage payment. But instead of kicking myself and thinking that I just wasted $699, I took it as a challenge that I will continue to study and beat the test. My wife was a good motivator too, telling me to not put all the time I spent studying to waste by not trying the test again. So, when I failed the first time, I remembered how the questions were worded and incorporated it to my studies. I studied with the thought in mind, "which one of these solutions is the best." or "which step goes first." And just this month, I passed the test and I couldn't be happier. Just like what @Flyslinger2 said, don't take too long to take your second try, I remember I was starting to lose what I studied faster than I thought it would.