cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nebuchadnezzar
Newcomer I

Endorser vs ISC2 endorsement

Good afternoon,

Excuse me for this post, because I know this topic has been discussed many times, but I couldn't find a clear conclusion anywhere.

The thing is that after passed CISSP examination a couple weeks ago, I sent my endorsement application, putting as endorser a instructor from the official training course that I attended, but even though he said that would be glad to be my endorser I feel a bit ignored, since it has pasted already about 10 days but in my endorsement platform application still appears "You submitted your application on 09/02/2019. Your application is currently with xxxxxx for review."

I have detailed documentation about all my previous positions with the tasks performed (I have been collecting them carefully along the years, since I was considering applying for Australia or Canada skilled visa at some point of my life). Also I have my Computing Engineering and Master in ICT Security awards.

Would you recommend me edit the "waiting" endorsement and start again choosing the option of "Request (ISC)² to endorse you."? I wonder which is the advantage of obtaining the endorsement from another person. I have been searching on the Internet and specially in this forum, but there are no evidences that the processing time is shorter if the endorsement is processed with a endorser, compared with doing it direct with ISC2.

Thank you for your advice,

Isaac

2 Replies
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

Once the endorser (ISC2 or a member) has provided their endorsement of your application the time it then takes for the application to be approved will be no different.

I guess the main difference in time frame comes prior to the endorsement of your application being provided. ISC2 will provide their endorsement to a known schedule, whereas with a member endorsement you are at the mercy of your endorser's schedule.

I'd suggest you give your endorser a nudge. They may have overlooked the email they would have been sent. It's also not unknown for emails from ISC2 to be delayed or get lost.

nebuchadnezzar
Newcomer I

Thank you for your answer AlecTrevelyan,

I have already nudged him twice, but first time he answered saying was busy would do it soon, and second time I'm still waiting...

I'll wait until next week and if he still doesn't process it, I'll edit the application and submit direct to ISC2. It feels eternal the waiting 🙂

Regards,

Isaac