Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
khale426
Newcomer I

Endorsement Process

I passed CISSP 22 Feb, 2018.  Went to my network, found a CISSP "emeritus" who worked at Cisco willing to endorse me, however, since his status wasn't active anymore, had to use the default ISC2 endorser.  

Sent my application out 17 March, included my CompTia Sec+ and 7 years work experience across multiple domains, (primarily from software web app exp.), received an automated email stating my application was still in progress on the 8th of April.  Received my application, ISC2 member acceptance email today, 11 April - less than a month.

Had to contact two former employers, from as far back as 2003, to get proof of employment letters.  Wasn't automatic, but start by calling HR and keep working it.  Took a couple of weeks to get one letter since the company had changed names a few times through buyouts.  Bottom line, I had one signed letter per employer on company letterhead with dates of employment for each, vice a bunch of random items that showed I was employed there at certain points of time.

Didn't write a novel under work experience, kept it short and sweet. 

1 Reply
DaveTheITGuy
Newcomer I

I agree with the short and sweet process. I actually wrote so much, my endorser suggested an edit to keep it on point and easy to follow. Not every single detail of every single project is needed. The reality is this: when your endorser speaks to the people they need to speak to, it will be very clear that you either truly have the relevant experience or that you don't. Good luck to all taking the test, congrats to recent test takers that passed (and remember, passing the exam does not give you the right to call yourself a CISSP until it is awarded. Doing so ahead of time can actually violate the ethics part and be the cause of NOT getting the awarded title) and to those that did not pass, keep working and try again, you'll get there!

David Howard, CISSP, C|EH, MCSE
www.bringyourownsecurity.net
@dtigcincy