Maharashtra Board
60%

X
Maharashtra Board
68%

Networking Skills

Certifications: CCNA, CCNP (routing)
Technologies: Routing and Switching
Protocols: EIGRP, OSPF, BGP , RIP and Multicast.
Services: VLAN, VTP, Access list, STP, RSTP, Etherchannel, HSRP, VRRP, GLBP and Port security
Tools: Solarwinds, Putty, WhatsUp Gold ,BMC Remedy.

EXPERIENCE

Intelenet Golbal Services , Thane. Dec 2017 - Present
Officer, Information Technology
As a part of the team my daily routing is to check all syslog services , NMS services status.
Handling global network of the Intelenet global services with more than 1700+ networking devices.
Designing and implementation of the new branches.
Provide Level 2 support in network & Firewall P0, P1 incidents.
MY KRA is to configuration and Hardening of Swtich , Router and Cisco ASA firewall. Also to maintain their connectivity using Eigrp protocol.
When configuring Router need to configure BGP and check connectivity with ISP.
Configuring firewall include Creating local credential , Tacacs , failover , Eigrp , Access list, interface with security level.
Trouble-shooting WAN networks BGP and EIGRP, HSRP related issues.
Configure and troubleshoot STP and Virtual VLANS.
Handling and configuration on Cisco switches (4500, 3560, 2960, 3550,)
Configuration of wan router like (1900, 3900, 2811, 2821, 3800 Cisco 4500 series )
Troubleshooting during network issue include checking end to end connectivity, routes , logs of firewall etc.,
Traffic shifting on Routers using BGP,EIGRP and firewall when one link goes down or any activity from ISP site.
Performe Primary and secondary device failover acivity.
Providing wifi access to user.
Tools :- Whats up Gold, Syslog, kiwi Cat.

HCL COMNET LTD, BKC, Mumbai Jan 2016 – Oct 2017 (MCX and MCX-SX)
Network Engineer
As a part of the project I am part of one of its’ s major POP team at BKC datacenter and give On-site support for client and its members at POP location located at BKC.
My KRA is to perform monitoring of network environment which includes check of our POP location network setup by preparing daily SOD reports which include health check-ups of all network devices (i.e. CPU\Memory performance, Link status, Module, Controller, Power, UP Time, Critical Logs and alarm, Telnet Sessions, Multicast routes, clearing the counters) before start of trading session MCX & MCX-SX to help maintaining network UP time.
Managing Cisco Routers 7606, 7609, 1900 series and cisco switches 2960S .
Configuration and Hardening of Networking Deivces
Configuration of BGP and Troubleshooting.
Port Enablement for Severs and many brokers.
Troubleshooting of the different backbone link between our POP routers to core DC\DR\Mini-POP routers and member links (channelized E1 links) between our core POP routers to the member routers, alarms on channelized OC3\STM 1 controllers, Device H/W critical alarms through monitoring tools Solar winds, Syslog alerts, Cisco LMS.
Incident generation using BMC Remedy ticketing tool and maintaining daily and monthly utilization\incident reports, Link Down reports, Fetching data from Solar wind into excel sheet, Latency\CPU\Memory threshold, and utilization reports, updating & maintaining CMDB, different types of customer reports.
Taking daily Backup of Configurations & log files after-market hours.
Installation & configuration of new modules\SPA line card \ SUP engine reset & replacement on core routers, Member router configuration and hardening of new devices as per standard format in configuration sheet and (assigning IP address to interface of member router NTP, HSRP, BGP, password to console, telnet…etc.), firmware upgradation.
Co-ordinating ISP for loop testing & provisioning of new circuits for customer, troubleshooting of routing protocols like BGP, OSPF Links.
Taking part in various weekly, monthly, yearly scheduled network and device performance testing activities like Failover Testing, Mock drill.
Tools: Solar wind, Cisco LMS, Putty, Syslog.
Ticketing Tool: BMC Remedy.

Nirmal Datacomm, Feb 2013 - Jan 2016
Senior Engineer (Customer Support)
Implementations, Configuration &Troubleshooting of Network & Networking equipment’s
Implementations, Configuration&Troubleshooting of Network & Networking equipments i.e., Cisco router, switches.
Technical support to customers by providing feasible solutions keeping SLA in mind
Co-ordination/Interaction with customers from Query solving point of view
To ensure that systems are documented and kept current
Maintaining the reports for all the on-field customer calls, daily activities, with appropriate plan of actions by using Helpdesk.
Configuring/ implementing of Project as per Plan & Scope of Work
Maintaining the documentations for Root Cause Analysis, Change Management & Incident Reports.
Maintaining the documentations of Plan of Action & Hand Over document for the Projects done.

ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS

Hardware and Networking from Jetking.
CCNA Certified.[640-802]
CCNP Route Certified.[300-101]

STRENGTHS

Good analytical and decision making ability.
Positive Attitude, Involvement in work.
Ability to quickly adapt to new environment.
Good team work.
Good learner.o
10 Replies
Chuxing
Community Champion

I would say yes. 

Are you planning on studying/taking CISSP ?

I might suggest talking up your risk management skills. CISSP tends to be a go-to role for ,management types, so anything you can bring to the mix there is very good.

Best of luck

nirnay
Viewer II

Yes, pls guide me.
j_M007
Community Champion

• You need to show full-time pad work experience, which appears to be the case.
  • You need to have an endorser, who is usually a person CISSP holder or employer who can attest to your skills and veracity of claims.
  • It is better to present this all clearly and simply -- with as little clutter and as few words as possible.

Good luck!

Kevinfromyyc
Newcomer I

How does one present this? I'm assuming one would present a resume and/or degree, etc? Is this done when they register? I've seen a lot literature explaining the prerequisites, but nothing that explains how it's actually presented to them.

j_M007
Community Champion

@Kaity 

Maybe the powers that be at (ISC)2, might have or hold a discussion about this. I just collected my stuff and submitted it (including CV).

Kaity, any possibility to look into this?

Kaity
Community Manager

Unfortunately, we are not able to confirm - prior to the official endorsement process that happens after the exam has been passed - if your work experience satisfies the requirements of the certification. I can confirm that we waive one year of the five years of experience for a degree in a relevant field. 

Kevinfromyyc
Newcomer I

Thanks Kaity, just want to clarify when or how ISC receives and verifies the work experience. Is this done at the stage when the endorsement happens? That is when and how it's verified correct?

If one doesn't know a person with an ISC certification who can endorse them, they are able to be endorsed by ISC?

Kaity
Community Manager

Yes, once you pass the exam, you'll start the endorsement process online and we'll review your experience to ensure you meet the requirements.