cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rakifss
Newcomer I

Document required for CISSP

I just passed my CISSP exam.

Do I need to obtain signed hard copy experience letter from my current employer?

11 Replies
CraginS
Defender I

@Rakifss wrote:

I just passed my CISSP exam.

Do I need to obtain signed hard copy experience letter from my current employer?

Rakif,

No, You need to find a currently certified CISSP that you know who is willing to endorse your application for the certification. Follow the instructions from (ISC)2 on endorsement to work with that CISSP. our endorsing CISSP may ask for documentation, but that is up to that person.

If you do not know a CISSP or other (ISC)2-certified professional to endorse you, contact Member Services to learn how to have them endorse you. They may require more experience documentation.

Congrats on the exam success.

(And remember the rule of a professional: RTFM)

Craig

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts
emb021
Advocate I

Also, the application and endorsement is done on-line.

So no mailing in a hardcopy application or the like.

---
Michael Brown, CISSP, HCISPP, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, CDPSE, GSLC, GSTRT, GLEG, GSNA, CIST, CIGE, ISSA Fellow
Steve-Wilme
Advocate II

It's relatively straightforward if you work in a security function, simply ask a colleague to endorse you on line.  As they know you and your experience the endorsement is a simple on line form.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Steve Wilme CISSP-ISSAP, ISSMP MCIIS
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

@CraginS wrote:

Rakif,

No, You need to find a currently certified CISSP that you know who is willing to endorse your application for the certification. Follow the instructions from (ISC)2 on endorsement to work with that CISSP. our endorsing CISSP may ask for documentation, but that is up to that person.

If you do not know a CISSP or other (ISC)2-certified professional to endorse you, contact Member Services to learn how to have them endorse you. They may require more experience documentation.

Congrats on the exam success.

(And remember the rule of a professional: RTFM)

Craig

There's a tick box option on the online endorsement application form if you want ISC2 to act as your endorser, and Amanda has already provided their documentation requirements here if you want to use that option:

https://community.isc2.org/t5/Member-Support/CISSP-Eendorsemen-What-type-of-document-need-t-upload-a...

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

@Steve-Wilme wrote:

It's relatively straightforward if you work in a security function, simply ask a colleague to endorse you on line.  As they know you and your experience the endorsement is a simple on line form.

This does assume that you have colleagues that are ISC2 members, but, yes, I agree - every time I've required an endorser (CISSP and CSSLP) I just asked a colleague.

Rakifss
Newcomer I

Thanks for the information..

My colleague is CEH. He can endorse me? 

Rakifss
Newcomer I

My colleague is CEH.He can endorse my application?
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

Not unless he also holds one of ISC2's certifications (e.g. CAP, CCSP, CISSP, CSSLP, HCISSP, SSCP).

Steve-Wilme
Advocate II

AlecTrevelyan

Yes it does, but I'd taken that as read, given the endorser needs to be CISSP in good standing.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Steve Wilme CISSP-ISSAP, ISSMP MCIIS