cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MichaelG
Newcomer III

Coworker used for endorsement but they received nothing

Hello all,

Not sure the exact process when utilizing someone you know for endorsing, it seems like the majority of posts are related to using ISC2 as an endorser. I provisionally passed on 11/12/19 and submitted for my endorsement on 11/14/19. It says the application is with the person for review but they have stated they've received no email from ISC2 and they see nothing obvious when they log into their portal. Any ideas on what the issue could be? Is there a direct URL to a page that members see for endorsement requests that I can send to him so he can go to it after logging in?

I didn't realize it at the time but I also uploaded job duties and work history on company letterhead signed by previous employers. It seemed like it was required but it seems that is only required if I am utilizing ISC2 for endorsement.

Thank you in advance.

3 Replies
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

Congrats on passing!

Seems there's a general issue with emails being received from ISC2 at the moment judging by all the people complaining about various emails not having been received.

The last endorsement I provided was last year prior to the "updates" to the member portal, and I'm struggling to remember it exactly...

Back then you'd be sent an email with a unique link to the endorsee's application, but I'm pretty sure the form was also accessible just by logging into your own profile - although that may have been after you initiated the process using the email link.

If it's going to be anywhere on the new portal, I would assume it would be under the same endorsement link you went through to make the application: https://apps.isc2.org/

Otherwise, it's time to call Member Services:

https://www.isc2.org/Contact-Us#accordion-ec0be5accd8a4a36a5dbbcd3adb5307b

My recommendation if you do need to speak to them is to call them and keep calling until you speak to someone as voicemails and emails will take a while to get a response.

AndreaMoore
Community Manager

MichaelG, 

I sent a message to our member support team yesterday on your behalf. I heard this morning that it was taken care of for you. Have a great day!

~Andrea

ISC2 Community Manager
MichaelG
Newcomer III

Yes, I emailed and received a response. Thank you!