Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Viewer

Re: Confusion on Associate Status

Was this ever sorted out? What is the final answer regarding 'Associate CISSP'?

Community Champion

No I don't think it was resolved and if it was, there was no real answer provided to this forum.

We got a half answer but there was no come back on it.

@Jarred_LeFebvre If I missed the answer I apologize.

Community Manager

@ROFARRIL and @dcontesti 

Sorry for the delay. The issue has been partially addressed. We should no longer be sending emails to Associates of (ISC)² that read "Associate CISSP" or any other certification they are pursuing based on the exam they passed. However, this still needs to be addressed on the member dashboard, where an associate status still displays the certification exam passed. This may cause confusion about how Associates of (ISC)² should publicly represent their designation, and it is being reviewed. I don't have an ETA for completion at this time. 

Community Champion

@Jarred_LeFebvre 

Thanks for the update but unfortunately, I like others are seeing so much confusion on the appropriate use of the certification marks (CISSP, CSSLP, etc.).

We are (or at least I am) seeing  Associate of CISSP, CISSP retired, etc. and wonder if it is an appropriate (time) to send something out on the use of the mark?

Please keep us updated on when this item may be corrected.

Regards

Community Manager

@dcontesti 

Thank you for the suggestion. 

I will circle back with my team and Member Services to review how and where this information is shared with members online and elsewhere, what we can do to make it easier to find, and what needs to be clarified/simplified.

Thanks again,

Jarred

Community Champion

Thank you.