Certification

pencil.jpg

7 Replies
Kaity
Community Manager

Love this!
Hari
Newcomer II

I noticed the "delete button" (rubber erasure) has been heavily used. Must have been a challenging exam Smiley Happy

AppDefects
Community Champion

@Hari wrote:

I noticed the "delete button" (rubber erasure) has been heavily used. Must have been a challenging exam Smiley Happy

Good catch @Hari

billclancy
Contributor I

I have a Ticonderoga pencil, with which I passed the CISSP, CISA, CISM and CRISC...I'm so glad they've gone computer based.

pearceww
Newcomer I

Back in the 1990s, I was a test administrator. I often thought I would tell all the people that one of the pencils I had passed out had all the answers embedded in it. All they had to do was put the pencil in the right place and it would give them the right answer!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will always wonder what kind of response I would have gotten if I had actually said this!!

dcontesti
Community Champion

Warren,

Methinks you may have got a few odd stares and maybe a few hugs and also maybe a few folks looking for you had they not passed BUT it would have been interesting.

I remember my exam in DC (at the Hilton) where you, SH and BG were the supervisors.......I was afraid to take the pencil at the end of the exam......yup you guys scared me

d

Beads
Advocate I

Wish I had thought of that back in the day, that was awesome.

I enjoyed the atmosphere and taking the CISSP and ISSAP back when it your proctor was your peer. Exam day felt more ceremonial in nature and less like just another test to quickly pass and move on to the next. Passed plenty of exams up through the present but staying overnight at a hotel next to Chicago's Midway airport, taking the exam then walking immediately to the bar next door brings a special smile to my face compared to today's exams.

Thanks for sharing, all!