Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ign1s
Newcomer I

Certification passing score system

Hello all, i would like to ask a question about the passing score system of the CSSLP exam, though i guess the same would apply for every other certification of ISC2. So i was wondering about partially correct questions, that is the questions that could be answered by multiple choices and you get a portion of them right, but fail to correctly answer them all. (e.g question has 5 total possible answers, where 3 of them are legit, but you only choose the 2 of them) How are the answers evaluated in this case? Are they just marked wrong, or do the correct answers picked count positively towards the total score?

19 Replies
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

In the six exams I have taken (CISSP, CCSP, ISSEP, ISSAP, ISSMP, CSSLP) I have never faced a "choose all answers that apply" type question. Just to reiterate all (950 total) questions I have faced in ISC2 exams required me to select only one of the four answers.

ign1s
Newcomer I

I am taking a mock exam suite and there are a lot of them, guess they do it to sharpen your skills a little more, but if actual exam does not really include such questions then its just invalid to do so. ty anyway 🙂
Steve-Wilme
Advocate II

I've not seen a choose all correct answers style question, although you made to asked to identify the wrong item.  The combinations of factors are normally in the options that you have to select the right answer from.  Anyway that's been the case for the CISSP, ISSMP, ISSAP and CCSP.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Steve Wilme CISSP-ISSAP, ISSMP MCIIS
Kaity
Community Manager

Hi everyone! CSSLP passing score is 700 out of 1000. More info on the exam outline if you need it: https://www.isc2.org/Certifications/-/media/ISC2/Certifications/Exam-Outlines/CSSLP-Exam-Outline-v10...

You'll have 175 questions to get the score you need, though I don't have exact details on how the questions are scored. Also, just wanted to point out that practice test questions don't go through the same rigorous review process that actual exam questions go through and the format of those questions can differ quite a bit as @AlecTrevelyan said. 

fgarcialainez
Newcomer III

Hi,

Is it required to get more than 700 in each one of the 8 domains, or is it enough to get an average scoring of +700 in the exam?

Regards,

Kaity
Community Manager

The CISSP is a Computer Adaptive Test, so everyone's exam will be a little different. You'll need to score 700+ overall on the exam. The test will "feel out," (I'm making it sound alive!) based on your answers, which domains you should get questions from. I hope that makes sense!  

fgarcialainez
Newcomer III

Hi,

Sorry, I was asking about the CSSLP. Please could you tell me if it is necessary to score more than 700 in each domain, or is enough to score more than 700 in the total of the exam?

On the other hand, is it allowed to use English to other language dictionary for non-native English speakers (in my case English to Spanish)? 

Regards,

Kaity
Community Manager

Oh, I apologize - the CSSLP is Computer-Based by not Computer Adaptive. The domains are not all equal, and again the score to get is 700+ out of 1000 on the entire test. 

I would review the exam outline for the breakdown of the weighting of the domains

https://www.isc2.org/Certifications/-/media/ISC2/Certifications/Exam-Outlines/CSSLP-Exam-Outline-v10...

fgarcialainez
Newcomer III

Hi,

Yes, I know the percentages for each domain. So just to double check, it is sure that being below proficiency in one or more domains is not a problem to pass the exam if the total score is over 700, right?

Then, please could you explain the following post for a user that took the exam in the past months?

https://community.isc2.org/t5/Member-Support/Not-too-happy-with-CSSLP-Exam/m-p/26634/highlight/true#...

On the other hand, what about the dictionary? Is it allowed or not?

Regards,