Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newcomer III

CSSLP and job opportunities

I would like to know if there is anybody who gained job or career opportunities with CSSLP.

Tags (3)
9 Replies
Contributor II

Re: CSSLP and job opportunities

I rarely see job postings that require it or even prefer it, and that’s a shame. My job likes that I have it and helped me negotiate a salary that I truly have no complaints with. If I didn’t have it, they’d have recruited me anyway. Security is a subset of my responsibilities right now, but I’ve always looked at security as a subset of quality so that fits with my own view and I’m fine with it.
-- wdf//CISSP, CSSLP
Newcomer III

Yes, it seems that CSSLP is a sort of plus that helps you to negotiate higher salary. But I would like it would be treated with more awareness.

Newcomer III

CSSLP was mentioned next to CISSP and eqvivalents in a job description by an international financial institution who was looking for mid-level manager specialized to web security. Also I have got much more job offers for leading positions after passing CSSLP.

Newcomer I

I was recently approached by a recruited who said that my linkedin profile had been flagged to him on the CSSLP. 

Tags (2)
Newcomer I

what did you use for Studying for CSSLP ?

Newcomer III

CSSLP All in one exam guide and official CSSLP CBK.

Tags (1)
Newcomer III

I used for studying next to CSSLP CBK tutorial videos by Skillsoft and some tutorials form Youtube. Answering to example questions was also really helpful for me.

Tags (1)
Contributor I

Core Software Security by JAMES RANSOME,ANMOL MISRA is a nice book in addition to the othe books

“The 7 Qualities of Highly Secure Software" is a good supplementary

A Bug Hunter’s Diary by by Tobias Klein is excellent too for gaining software dev sec and testing

Mouli, CISSP
Contributor I

CLASP is also very good stuff  to refer for a significant step forward compared to traditional ad-hoc approaches to software security.

Mouli, CISSP