CSSLP Experience Requirements - Contract for a specific task
I have questions related to experience requirements for CSSLP certificate. In my career I had two types of a contracts, contract for a job and contract for a specific task (I work in Poland).
27 months of full time job (contract for a job) 4320h 16 months of full time job (contract for a specific task) around 2560h 14 months of part time job (contract for a specific task) around 1120h - during my studies
In all of the jobs I work on software development (currently Java, Software Engineer) and for last years I'm involved in actions of cyber security organization in my company.
"A candidate is required to have a minimum of four years" so it's 48 months.
1. Can I count my experience base on contract for a specific task if there is only start and end date? There is no mention of time I should spend on the task.
"Part-Time Experience: Your part-time experience cannot be less than 20 hours a week and no more than 34 hours a week."
2. All of my contracts are in Polish. Need I translate it by sworn translator?
3. If I can count my experience base on contract for a specific task, how I should calculate months experience?
"1040 hours of part-time = 6 months of full time experience" How it was calculated?
Re: CSSLP Experience Requirements - Contract for a specific task
Please find answers to your questions below:
1. Yes, you can count experience based on contract work.
2. There is no need to translate your contracts to English as these are not required for taking the exam. As part of the endorsement process (https://www.isc2.org/Endorsement) you will need to ask an ISC2 certified professional to endorse your professional experience and at that stage you could describe your experience in English.
3. Based on the information provided about your experience, it seems you fulfill the requirements to be officially certified as CSSLP. In any case, you could sit the exam, and if you pass it and don't have the required experience you could still be an associate of ISC2 (https://www.isc2.org/Certifications/Associate) until you gain the required experience.