Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EricDuncan
Viewer

CPEs - Higher Academic Course

I recently finished up a degree. How can I submit a security class that ran for 8 weeks as "Higher Academic Course" CPE Credit? Is there a way to convert the course hours to CPE hours or something else?

4 Replies
Chuxing
Community Champion

@EricDuncan.

It seems to me, if one follows the rules, every one hour instructor led training is equivalent to 1 CPE, up to 40 CPEs limit. Thus if you can provide a proof of the completion of the class, then go for the submission.

Best,

@EricDuncan Congratulations on finishing your degree! We ask to use your best judgement when submitting CPEs for a higher academic course, and to not go over 40 CPEs per course.

Best Regards,
Amanda Vance

Neosai
Viewer II

I am also about to begin a MSc in Information Security. do I count 40 CPEs for CLASSES and the proof of passing the exams or do the CPEs count for the whole 2year course?

I assume it could be broken down into 2 parts

1. 40 CPEs for class hours (eventually broken down into the 12 classes)

2. 10-40 CPEs for the MSc thesis.

now, I am not sure if i could count ALL the CPEs for the MSc or if I can use the credits only once. if the CPEs are for the classes (with proof of passed exame) or if it is for the COURSE as a whole.

AndreaMoore
Community Manager

@Neosai Please refer to the CPE Handbook: https://www.isc2.org/-/media/ISC2/Certifications/CPE/MEM-CPE_Handbook-DIGITAL.ashx

If you have specific questions not found in the handbook, you can email membersupport@isc2.org

ISC2 Community Manager