cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Newcomer II

CPE Question

Hello all, 

I have 2 questions pertaining to CPE requirements. I input my CPEs for this year and it adds up to 40 CPEs and in my dashboard it says 80 CPEs left, which makes sense. When I go to my transcript it says 33.33% complete and times 3 would equate to 99% if I were to have all my CPES for all years uploaded in there,. Do I need to be concerned about this? I'm assuming it will round up. 

My next question is that I have accumulated much more than 40 CPEs for this year and was wondering if I could use the CPEs I earned this year for next year? Also, can I go ahead and just upload those CPES for next year as well? 

Thank you all. Study hard. 

2 Replies
Advocate II

Re: CPE Question

Hey Will,

Just to make you aware, there is no annual requirement for CPEs. Only 120 are required across your 3-year cycle. Doesn't matter when in that 3-year period you earn the CPEs as long as there are at least 120 at the end - so, yes, go ahead and add the ones you haven't yet.

Check the CPE Handbook for further details:

https://www.isc2.org/-/media/ISC2/Certifications/CPE/CPE---Handbook-Digital-V2.ashx

BTW - don't worry about the CPE percentages - that's just a rounding issue with the portal.

Community Manager

Re: CPE Question

Correct - rounding issue. I've told the team behind it Smiley Happy

And yes, we recommend 40 per year for CISSP, but the actual requirement is 120 in your 3-year cycle. So if you do them all up front, that's ok. Or if you do them all last minute, that's ok too. 40 per year is just a guideline to keep you on track so you don't have to rush a bunch in at the end of your cycle.