Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ckazle
ISC2 Team

CISSPs: How did you prepare for the CCSP exam?

As a CISSP who studied for and passed the CCSP exam, how did you prepare?  What did you find valuable?  Did you learn through self-study, if so, what books did you buy?  Did you attend an official training course, if so, which one?  What was your study plan?  What's your secret for success?  We want to hear from you! 

98 Replies
uduruji
Viewer

Congratulations! What is the name of the company that you used for the bootcamp?

Rockit
Viewer II

Hello,

I am a CISSP who passed the CCSP exam.   

First I took an (ISC)2 training class, which primarily used the workbook.  Then I read and reviewed the text book.  I  thought about each section and what experience I had that related to each section.   I also memorized a few key details.  I took the exam more than 6 months after the class.  

Stpn2me
Newcomer III

The body of knowledge is what I'm using right now. I"ll probably take the test next month.

oliver-dreher
Viewer

Hi, I took the same kind of boot camp in Germany at Firebrand in Rothenburg. Quite intense just as you said. However, I think it‘s very efficient due to the intensity. If you manage to stay focused, repeat the stuff day wise and manage your daily recovery, both physical and mental it works pretty well. For me at least 🙂

I did my CISSP the same way two years ago.

Oliver

CloudNoob
Newcomer II

I have not seen many online resources for memory/practice testing. Your recommendations greatly appreciated.
CloudNoob
Newcomer II

I have not seen many online resources for memory/practice testing. Your recommendations greatly appreciated.
CloudNoob
Newcomer II

Hi Clement (former CISSP student of yours and successful tester on 1st try),
I haven’t seen cccure site in a while but do you have CCSP practice tests? I’d be great if you did!
pdoliveira
Viewer II

A great web forum to get this awnser is www.techexams.net/forums/

There is many forum posts of people that is passed or is studying for the exams.

I got many video and audio suggestions to complete my study roadmap to CISSP from this forum.

[ ]'s
@pdoliveira
jalberts
Newcomer I

Great question!

I had some prior cloud experience before I begain.  I started my studies with the (ISC)2 CCSP online training videos (Adam Gordon is a hoot!).  Supplemented this with the BOK.

Was not able to take the exam right away for various reasons.  When I returned to my studies, I supplemented the BOK with two texts:

1.  CCSP Certified Cloud Security Professional All-in-One Exam Guide (McGraw-Hill)  (Better organized)

2.  CCSP (ISC)2 Certified Cloud Security Professional Official Study Guide (Sybex)  (More in-depth info)

Passed on the first attempt.

Beads
Advocate I

Many years ago there was one class, one text written by the the late great Shon Harris. I read the book over the course of two weeks and reviewed my notes and self made flashcards. What helped more than anything else was (gasp!) I had a great deal of experience so much of what was on the test was more reflection of what I already knew rather than cramed into my head in some feverish over preparation for a fairly easy test. I took five breaks and completed the exam in little over two hours. Most of my fellow test takers were done well before myself so I felt as though I took too much time. Still, to this day I felt over prepared to sit for the exam.

For myself, I considered it, a huge bonus for someone who likes to read the entire test before answering the first question. Personally. I find it so much easier for me to formulate my answers when looking at the entire field of questions.

Completed the CISSP exam while we still had the privilidge of the paper exam. Though shorter in length took both the ISSAP and HCISPP electronically and completed both in about the same time or roughly 2 hours.