cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rossva
Contributor I

CISSP, now want to take CCSP

Hi all

As above passed CISSP last year now I’ve got the bug, want to get another cert. I’ve studied CISM and should take that but I’ll be honest and say I find it really dull!

So I bought the CCSP official study guide and the official practice test book.

To be honest, found nothing a struggle in either book, both CISSP and on job knowledge made this all seem real easy.

Having said that, I’ve only had the books a coupe weeks and read through them both twice.

I haven’t bought the CBK as I see it’s kinda outdated and due to be replaced in June I think. But then I didn’t have the CISSP CBK either.

Question for those that have done both. Did you use any other materials, or based on the above would you say ready to take the exam?

Appreciate your input!
11 Replies
ericgeater
Community Champion

The QAE has been a very useful book, indeed. Lots of curve balls in its answers. The Review Manual was comparatively skimpy and unsatisfying. Did you take ISACA classes, or did you take a specific boot camp?
--
"A claim is as good as its veracity."
emb021
Advocate I

@ericgeater wrote:
The QAE has been a very useful book, indeed. Lots of curve balls in its answers. The Review Manual was comparatively skimpy and unsatisfying. Did you take ISACA classes, or did you take a specific boot camp?

For the CISA I took a class organized by my ISACA chapter.

For the other 3, I took classes organized by the NY Metro chapter, given by Jay Ranade.  

Both classes were given by ISACA-approved instructors, tho these aren't the classes they offer thru their website.

---
Michael Brown, CISSP, HCISPP, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, CDPSE, GSLC, GSTRT, GLEG, GSNA, CIST, CIGE, ISSA Fellow