cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Newcomer I

CISSP exam failed today | 07-Oct-2017

Hi All,

I took my CISSP exam today and failed with very bad score 460/1000. I have Started Studying from last December 2016 and took exam today (07-Oct-2017) but failed. 

Below are the study materials I have used and all the practices questions I worked out in understanding of each questions however I have failed with very bad score.

1) CISSP CBK 4th Edition Official Book.

2) CISSP Sybex 7th Edition.

3) CISSP Sybes Official Practice Questions book and Application (Both Same Question Bank).

4) Cybrary CISSP Online training Videos.

5) CISSP Sybex Online Practice Questions.

6) CISSP Boson Practice Questions.

7) CISSP 60 Seconds YouTube Practice Questions.

😎 Syngress cissp practice tests

I am writing this blog to know where I went wrong and wanted to know which study material I need use.

Even if I take any fresh practice questions likes in GoCertify and Skillset, I would be getting more than 85% score.

Planning to retake probably in Jan / Feb.

Thank You...

Best Regards

Prashanth M

49 Replies
Highlighted
Viewer II

Re: CISSP exam failed today | 07-Oct-2017

Honestly, the Sybex book and the included practice tests set me up for a first time pass for the CISSP. Take the practice tests until you pass every one of them (if you haven’t yet). I do have years of InfoSec experience so maybe that helped me bridge some gaps. I wish you the best on your next try!
Highlighted
Viewer II

I wil help you please pm me prabh.mct@gmail.com

Highlighted
Viewer

Hi there,

I’m glad to see you’re not giving up and already have plans to try again; don’t get discouraged. You seem to have plenty of resources, so I’m not sure you need more, but I used the Shon Harris CISSP book to get a deeper dive into topics that weren’t quite sinking in for me. I believe it was written to align with the domains prior to the most recent changes, but it is still an incredible resource. I also used the 11th Hour CISSP book closer to my exam. I would also try a different way of testing how well you know the material. Instead of, or in addition to taking practice tests, try explaining the topics to someone else. Sometimes simply taking practice questions can give you a false sense of confidence because the question sort of leads you to the answer, in a way. But, having to explain topics with no guidance can really test how well you know the material; my humble opinion, of course. Good luck to you on your next try!
Highlighted
Newcomer I

I think spending more than 2 or maybe 3 months is just too long to try to retain the knowledge required for passing the exam.  Also it does not help that the exam questions are heavily abstracted to the point of borderline incoherency.  The questions are more about context than anything else, so really you just need to be in the right frame of mind to share the same context as ISC2.  At least that's what I noticed.

-SM