Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor III

Re: CISSP exam failed 2nd time :( Advice Needed

Never give up! Take a different approach! Put down the study guides and everything else that purports to teach you an answer through a practice test. You need to take a hard look at the CBK and map a reference to each. Then think of multiple scenarios that will test that knowledge. 

Newcomer II

Hi Friend

I am not sure whether I am qualified to give you any advise on it but one thing as other members have mentioned, finding the less appropriate choices helps a lot. I passed my CCSP with the similar approach. Another strategy which has been mentioned and I used too, no change in the answers. I didn't even flag any question. Just think in that moment and decide. I tell you one thing, during the entire test I was shaking and felt seriously under pressure and tensed. I couldn't even read the questions properly let alone understanding them. I was looking for confidence in the mouse and the writing pad. I blame too much practice questions for this. They help once when you see something new or you think on options. Later my brain started to fill the blanks. I told myself that the questions will be different in the exam but failed to convince the brain. 

So the first question gave me shivers and the shivering didn't stop until I saw the word congratulations on the report card. Make sure you don't give into the pressure and stop thinking in the exam. 

Afterwords I didn't bother looking for the right answer. Instead I picked the last option and thought what does this thing do and what will happen if i choose this. And do the same for the next option and so on. Secondly you need to apply managers line of thinking in many cases. Technical thinking is applicable in tech selection type questions. This helped me. 

Having said that, the two exams are different and you know CISSP exam more than me (I haven't even attempted it yet). I am planning to start my CISSP journey from June.

I know you will pass it this time so afterwards when you decide to dump the books please IM me :-)

Cheers and good luck bro

Newcomer II

The only advice I can give is to keep on reading. If you’ve read the sybex study guide, read it again. After that, read it again. After that, guess what... other than that book I used Colin Weaver (itdojo) on YouTube; really good videos, and he makes it fun. A common mistake I would suggest is to keep taking the practice questions and get them right by remembering. You need to be at a point where you get them right because you work out that the correct answer is correct. You’ll get there I know it, good luck
Newcomer I

Hi there. Just go through below link. Try a different formula for your next attempt.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/cissp-self-study-exam-preparation-tips-promise-kumalo/
Newcomer I

Hi All

Wanted to updated you. I attempted my CISSP for the 3rd time and finally cracked the beast!!

Thanks for all the encouragement and tips.

If any one in the same situation. Do not give up.

Full write up here.

https://www.reddit.com/r/cissp/comments/cc7w7s/passed_3rd_time_round_150_questions_1172019/

Newcomer II

well done, welcome aboard!