Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mouandaguy
Newcomer III

CISSP advise

I would like to take a CISSP examen, but i don't know if I can based on what I have.
-I am in Ms program of Cyber Security. class June 2018
-No 5 years experience
-No others security certificates

Please advise

11 Replies
j_M007
Community Champion

It sounds that an excellent entry-level cert for you would be "Associate of (ISC)2. It proves you have the interest and seriousness required to invest in your cybersecurity learning.

We are all learning and must continue to learn. "Sharpen the saw" is how Dr. Stephen Covey would put it. If you have not read the book "The 7 habits of highly effective people" it is a real treat: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_7_Habits_of_Highly_Effective_People

Continue to learn and to gain real-world experience. CISSP is not an entry-level certification. Those who have it have sweat it out for many years in the trenches; and those who would aspire to it (myself included) really need to realize that it is a big step forward.

Ethics, attitude, professionalism are very important, because those who have the credential are rightly concerned that those who follow will value and enrich the common body of knowledge.

Start with Associate of (ISC)2. Get real-world experience. Go for CISSP in five years.
mouandaguy
Newcomer III

Message received. Thank you.