cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TK
Newcomer II

CISSP-ISSAP

Hi,

I currently hold a CISSP and was contemplating the ISSAP concentration as I wanting to pursue a more architectural route. I have two questions:

1 - is there much benefit of doing the concentrations?

2 - the official CBK looks quite out of date (last issued around 5 years ago) and not very good if you read the reviews on Amazon. Is there no update or alternative?

Thanks.

6 Replies
LArchinal
Newcomer II

TK,

I looked at the ISC2 official store and found the CISSP-ISSAP CBK 2nd edition and on Amazon, which reports that the book was published in 2014. Were you possibly looking at the 1st edition? Unfortunately I have no personal experience with the concentrations, but if you look at Certificate Magazine's Salary Survey - Top 75 certs, all three of the CISSP concentrations are in the top 10 when it comes to average salary. I know this is just a monetary quantitative analysis, but I cannot give you a qualitative one. I hope this helps. 

TK
Newcomer II

Hi LArchina,

I was looking at the 2nd edition as advertised on the UK Amazon store (Official (ISC)2® Guide to the ISSAP® CBK, Second Edition (ISC2 Press)), this is down as the 2 edition published on 4 Oct. 2013.As (ISC)2 are currently updating this course, details Q1, I am holding out for an updated CBK/Guide as well.

Regards.

LArchinal
Newcomer II

TK,

I see, and I apologize for conflicting information and also if my message provided nothing of value. But o wish you best of luck!
TK
Newcomer II

Hi LArchina,

No probs, and thanks for your input anyway.

Regards,

sophia_cart
Newcomer II

The CISSP-ISSAP is an appropriate credential if you’re a chief security architect or analyst. Typically, you work as an independent consultant or in a similar capacity.

Thanks.

Beads
Advocate I

I obtained mine around 850 certified ISSAP types at the time. I do work as the senior, well.. only, security person at my organization so it seems appropriate. Prior to this gig I was a full time consultant which also fit in well.

As for RoI? Financially, none. Jokes and ribbing from co-workers has been an overwhelming success.

The only concentration that has any real market value would be the ISSEP designation. Combined with CAB and you have a real shot at being a career government auditor.

Proceed at your own volition.