Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alec
Newcomer II

CISSP: Group B credits

I've got my CISSP earlier this year and decided to be proactive in earning CPEs from day one. While there is enough information and recommendations on Group A credits I'm a bit unsure about practical ways to earn Group B credits. The list of suggested activities on ISC(2) website provides some guidance, but besides "Technical skills not in information security" - which includes things like programming languages - other options seem to be more management-oriented. I wonder what other fellow CISSPs would recommend as feasible options to earn Group B credits for someone in a security engineer position. Thanks!
21 Replies
amandavanceISC2

Hello vasantpatel,

Yes, you are correct in the example you provided. At one time, we were enforcing the annual requirements where members had to earn a minimum of 40 CPEs each cycle year; this is not the case anymore. We recommend that members try to earn the  40 CPEs each year to stay current in their requirements and continuing their education; however, it is not required. As long as the total number of CPEs earned during the three-year cycle adds up to 120 CPEs with 90 being Group A (for CISSP members), and all three AMFs have been paid, the member will renew on time. 

Best - Amanda Vance

Beads
Advocate I

Group B has always been a subject of discussion for CISSPs - particularly new CISSPs. Where to start? Where to look? What's going to be good for me as an individual.

Truth is there is so much business and personal training out there with much of it as dry as toast its hard to find something that will grab my attention for 30 hours. With that here is a good start.

The Great Courses, Professional: https://www.thegreatcourses.com/category/professional.html?CFM=mega_menu

If you can't find something of interest here your in trouble. I have already bought two courses: Decision making and Influence. All courses are high quality engaging and worthwhile.

Since this is my third renewal this is kind of old hat for me at this point but will be interested in reading what other sources the board will come up.

Finally, keep this in mind. Finding something you will actually use in real life and the task will accomplish its real goal in improving your soft skills. Smiley Wink