cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kevinmorrison
Viewer

CISSP Endorsement Wait

Hello all!

For those waiting on your CISSP Endorsement Review approval from ISC2, the wait will continue.  It has been over 6 weeks since my endorsement was submitted and I just received the following:

"Typically, the endorsement review process runs around 4-6 weeks; however, due to a system upgrade, we are currently running closer to 8 weeks. This could be done sooner than the 8 weeks, we just ask to allow the full time for review."

So it looks like we are all in for longer wait times post endorsement. 

Happy Waiting!!

134 Replies
ammo335
Newcomer I

@martin wrote:

Exam Passed: 12/8/2018

Endorsement submitted: 12/9/2018

CCSP Awarded on: TBD but I'm hoping it comes soon. 

This is for the CCSP. I already have a CISSP so the endorsement part should be quick. I'm not sure why it will take 9 weeks for ISC2 to confirm that I already have a CISSP.  

Congrats on passing the exam! Even though you are an ISC member already, that will not move you up in the queue or expedite the review. It is on a first-come first-serve basis from my understanding. It would be nice if current ISC certificate holders were given some type of 'fast-track' towards additional/new endorsements.

martin
Newcomer I

@ammo335

thanks! I agree and I hope ISC2 changes this process were the endorsement timeframe is shortened for people that already have the CISSP. 

dreastans
Newcomer III

@hsingh wrote:

Became official on 02/01/2019 - On profile

Endorsement submitted -  02/11/2018

Email Confirmation received - 03/11/2018

Nothing after that .

Gave a call to ISC on 02/01/2018 - Spoke to one very nice lady she checked my profile and said there is a lot of back log and as you are over 2 months i will see to your case personally. Received confirmation email on 03/01/2019 that I am Cissp

Thanks ISC for excellent customer service.

Well I guess it's finally my turn:
Passed exam 10/24/2018
Endorsement submitted: 11/3/2018
Email confirmation received: 1/7/2019

Badge received: 1/9/2019 (that was really fast, I was under the assumption it was 2 weeks to show up on youracclaim.)

Edited to add:  I called Member Services 1/4/2019 and was told early this week.  She was very professional on the phone and understanding of the wait times.  Good experience.

---
Andrea Stansbury- CISSP
Gr33nb0y
Newcomer I

Congrats! I had a really good experience dealing with Customer Service, she was really nice, professional and aware of the situation.

DevenGengan
Newcomer I

Provisionally passed on 11 Dec, 13 Dec 2018 got the email to say that also.

Did endorsement on 14 Dec 2018, also got confirmation email the same time.

Coming to week 5 now, status is "endorsement received but processing has not started"

Also, my endorser that I selected has not received any emails as yet...is this normal ?
STappmeyer
Newcomer I

DevenGengan
You are not alone. Provisionally passed on Dec 10. Endorsement submitted on Dec 14. Status is the same. "Endorsement received but processing has not started."

I am sure the holiday will delay. Based on other comments we just need to be patient.
~s
datcomputerdude
Newcomer I

I passed on the same day, DEC. 10....I also submitted my Endorsement on the same day. I have not received news of approval yet either. Could you update when you hear anything and I'll do the same.
DevenGengan
Newcomer I

I will definitely do that, thank you
STappmeyer
Newcomer I

Yes I will share when my status changes.  I just checked and it has not been started.  (7 weeks and 1 day).

DevenGengan
Newcomer I

Same status is shown for me, importantly...my endorser did not get any
requests to endorse me

Sent from my Samsung S9