Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dandadynamite93
Newcomer I

CISSP Employement Proof Documentation

Hello' I've submitted my endorsement application on Nov 27th. However, I don't think I've submitted sufficient proof of employment documentation. I have submitted an employment offer letter for 2 jobs, and a wage report/ W-2 for another. Is this sufficient documentation for the endorsement process? and if not, where would send W-2's/ paystubs for the other 2 jobs so the process won't take longer?

14 Replies
DHerrmann
Contributor II

When I've done an endorsement, I've always asked for a resume/CV.     I treat it as a mini-job interview, even if I work with them, because I want to see proof of their experience and breadth across domains.

I consider the ethics of protecting the CISSP to be more important than being a "buddy".

ChrisStone
Reader I

I submitted letters from my supervisor at two jobs, including basic statements as to when I was employed, the nature (full time), responsibilities, and the supervisors contact information. If you don't have at least minimimal versions of that information covered the reviewer will likely request more information. This doesn't put you at the bottom of the pile, if you turn the information around quickly the reviewer typically does as well.

That said, they're pretty backed up right now. I'd expect a reply around mid/end of January.

dandadynamite93
Newcomer I

i dont have an of that. Just my employement letter and W-2/paystubs

They dont call your old mangaers/supervisors to verify any of this stuff? It has to be documented?

DHerrmann
Contributor II

I always require complete documentation when I'm asked to endorse somebody, even if I know them.

By "complete", I want to see a resume, and I then sit down with the candidate to discuss their experience - both in terms of breadth (multiple domain experience) and duration (4 or 5 years full time depending on whether they have a relevant degree).

To me, it's vital to protect the integrity of the certification process.   We can't have inexperienced people acquiring CISSP certs.

dandadynamite93
Newcomer I

I dont have an endorser, ISC2 is endorsing me 

DHerrmann
Contributor II

I know - but the process is fundamentally the same.

Steve-Wilme
Advocate II

Have you considered that there are bogus CISSPs out there?  There really are people putting CISSP or CISM on their resumes without holding the qualifications.  And what can ISC2 or ISACA do about it; throw them out?  Hmmm, they're not members anyway.    

-----------------------------------------------------------
Steve Wilme CISSP-ISSAP, ISSMP MCIIS
DHerrmann
Contributor II

I'd imagine that (ISC)2 could sue them, but it becomes a challenge in finding them and actually filing a lawsuit.    Probably gets a lot tougher if they're in a nation that doesn't care about this type of fraud.

dandadynamite93
Newcomer I

So what I need answered is do you think an employment offer letter for 2 jobs and W-2/ wage reports for 1 is enough to proof that I held a job for a certain amount of time? Or is ISC2 super particular about verifying whether or not you worked somewhere and will need more documentation? Because I can give them the W-2s /pay stubs for the other 2 jobs, if so