Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Newcomer III

Re: CISSP CERTIFICATION

Thanks a lot for the information shared.
Highlighted
Newcomer III

Thanks a lot 😊
Highlighted
Newcomer III

It's always good to have some type of security background when trying for the CISSP.

Remember, this is a graduate level certification. The Security+ is for entry level admins. What the CISSP shows is that you have been in the trenches and now you have some experience with Security management. When I first took the CISSP, I failed the exam because I hadn't gotten out of network administrator mode. And the test questions do test that. You have to look at the exam from a manager's point of view. I would suggest being in the field for a few years before taking the exam.

Stpn2me

CISSP, CAP

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Newcomer III

Thanks a lot 😊
Highlighted
Newcomer I

Security+ is a great start it covers material in quite a few of the CISSP domains. Pending where you get your training, you can gain a good understanding of: Cryptography; OSI model gaining exposure to network security; compliance and operational security; threats and vulnerabilities; application-data-and host security; most importantly access control and identity management. You gain this knowledge and you will be well on your CISSP journey. However, remember it's a huge commitment so prioritized your time appropriately. Wishing you the best...