Announcements
April is Volunteer Appreciation Month! We want to thank all of our
volunteers for all the hard work they do! Join us in celebrating!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Viewer II

CISSP Associate or SSCP

Hi all,

Just finished a masters degree in infosec, with no direct infosec experience but plenty of related experience. ISC(2) suggest I take the SSCP as my masters would mean I dont need any industry experience, but looking at the test questions think I could take the CISSP exam with a bit of extra work. Whilst I wouldnt have the experience for a full CISSP I could still get the Associate. From what I can tell ISC2 intend for someone like me to do the SSCP first but it also seems like more HR people have heard of CISSP and its more respectable. I understand the intended path of SSCP then CISSP and that they're meant to be for different people in different job roles etc but also that some companies I have spoken to prefer anything to do with CISSP as its better known. Therefore my question is... which is a better path, getting the Associate from the cissp exam or first getting the full SSCP. If time and money was no object I could work towards both, but unfortunately it is. Im not trying to achieve anything in particular at this stage, just make the most of my study for the future.

Thanks