cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tomturner
Viewer II

CISSP Associate or SSCP

Hi all,

Just finished a masters degree in infosec, with no direct infosec experience but plenty of related experience. ISC(2) suggest I take the SSCP as my masters would mean I dont need any industry experience, but looking at the test questions think I could take the CISSP exam with a bit of extra work. Whilst I wouldnt have the experience for a full CISSP I could still get the Associate. From what I can tell ISC2 intend for someone like me to do the SSCP first but it also seems like more HR people have heard of CISSP and its more respectable. I understand the intended path of SSCP then CISSP and that they're meant to be for different people in different job roles etc but also that some companies I have spoken to prefer anything to do with CISSP as its better known. Therefore my question is... which is a better path, getting the Associate from the cissp exam or first getting the full SSCP. If time and money was no object I could work towards both, but unfortunately it is. Im not trying to achieve anything in particular at this stage, just make the most of my study for the future.

Thanks

0 Replies